• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sherlock season 4 - contains spoilers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it all got a bit self-indulgent at the end.

No one looking for the missing boy in the well - too far fetched unless it was covered by Eurus burning down the house?
    We are supposed to believe that Eurus could just swan off to go for bus trips and hold therapy sessions without Mycroft ever finding out - again a stretch.
    Sending the patience grenade which, if it had worked, would have rendered the whole thing pointless. I don't know what it was supposed to do.
    All this was (inc video footage) was arranged in just 5 mins with Moriarty?
    Why would Mary send a second DVD given she had no idea this was going to happen?
    Don't get me started on the logistics of the whole thing.

Finally and I may have completely missed the point here. Wasn't the whole point of the original riddle, the one Sherlock never solved to find his missing friend supposed to give the answer as the location of the well. If Sherlock had solved it 30 odd years ago HTF would "I'm in my room" or whatever it was help.

I enjoyed watching it but at the end I just thought "WTF was that?"

Other opinions are available.

Comment

As Private-Eye put it - the only mystery is "where's the detective story?".

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      ... If Sherlock had solved it 30 odd years ago HTF would "I'm in my room" or whatever it was help...
      A Series of Unfortunate Events (ep.3) has a message hidden in a film that gives instructions relevant only to one viewer at one specific time - but ASUE does this kind of nonsense quite deliberately.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X