• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a 2nd hand car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Sorry mate, need a D1 licence for anything over 8 seats
    oh I was told 9 seats was the limit you are right its 8.

https://www.gov.uk/driving-a-minibus
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have a good look over Autotrader and the like to get a feel for what the price should be. I wouldn't be afraid to travel and I would be absolutely religious about it having been correctly serviced. Oh and a car that has been garaged is a definite plus - tell-tale signs of something that has sat outside would be green algae on window rubbers and/or difficult to clean areas. It's very hard to clean a car perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        b0redom - Audi A6 is about the nearest to a wide car - you might be able to get 3 child seats across the back. The 3l diesel is pretty good.

VC, servicing/maintenance would be one of my concerns with the likes of an old XC90. They may be cheap to buy, but what are the long term running costs? That's when things like a Landcruiser comes into its own. Virtually indestructible.
        You could always go for a Defender 110.

You can get three child seats onto the back seats - just - but it's a push and not ideal at all; during a trip away this year with 3 kids we were having to load each seat in individually as the rear seats aren't flat as they are with something like an S-Max.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
        X