• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That stored energy lagoon project might actually go ahead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Seems like a good idea but the Severn barrage and other HEP projects on major rivers with strong tidal flows and minimal river traffic would be better imho.
    'ere, thaaaat's the Severn innit

How much commercial traffic a year go up to Lydney or Sharpness ? the rest of 'em the boaties can use their TomToms to figure out an alternative route through the canal network

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 12 January 2017, 12:04.

Comment

If only there was some way of boats being able to get through a barrier with water at a different level either side.

I've never been to Swansea but I remember a school trip to Weston Super Mud where the sea disappeared 2 miles out in the middle of the day. Some kind of barrier to keep the sea closer to the tourists sounds like a great idea.

The human race has been messing with water for centuries. Most the major rivers have weirs and locks, or have been diverted one way or another, and there's already lots of sea defences or ports with barriers. There's little natural about our coasts or rivers; may as well make use of it.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        If only there was some way of boats being able to get through a barrier with water at a different level either side.
        It's a PITA though. It'd be like them putting sets of traffic lights or toll-booths every motorway junction.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X