• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what happens if there's a terrible deal at the end of negotiations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    She's pretty clear that she accepts some time for the implementation of IT systems, during that period while the primacy of the ECJ has ended. Anyway, it seems to me that, where you go wrong, systematically, is with your assumption that this is being driven by UK interests; when it comes to an implementation period, it will be very much driven by what the EU wants. And it ain't what you describe.
    Not just the implementation of IT systems

There is a little matter of hammering out a highly complex new trading arrangement, and the UK has to negotiate at least a few trade deals.

The EU does want a transitionary deal, but on their terms and May will have no choice but to accept.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I had it done last year and probably won't do it every again, don't like this collection of data including fingerprints, makes me feel like criminal - par for the course for any visa applicant these days, but fook this tulip, I don't have to do it, I like it in UK and I am afraid of airplane travel anyway
      Well, if you will insist on looking like one...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Well, if you will insist on looking like one...

It's cool bro

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          This is ALL driven by May's personal interests, period.
          Unplug your keyboard and stop making an idiot of yourself.

There was a Swiss mp on the radio yesterday morning talking about the problems they have with the vote to control their borders vs access to the single market. She was keen to join the negotiations with the UK to both get an agreement on controlling migration and access to the single market. Seems we're not on our own after all. I'm sure the EU is aware of this.

Comment

Working...
          X