• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One silver lining to Brexit - the NHS as it exists will probably disappear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Yup. Believe me or not. It's up to you.

She goes to most sessions with an interpreter in tow.

If she worked with the elderly her caseload would have a different composition. But she works in earlier intervention with poor families.
    My Mrs. Mum is a nurse as I said earlier in the thread.

She says a lot of GP delays, in our area, are often because an interpreter has to be called in to assist.
    They can often take around an hour to arrive.

Easy for others to comment from afar, when they don't know the day to day realities.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

She says a lot of GP delays, in our area, are often because an interpreter has to be called in to assist.

Easy for others to comment from afar, when they don't know the day to day realities.

WTF are we paying for the interpreters? If you don't speak English, you bring someone with you who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        WTF are we paying for the interpreters? If you don't speak English, you bring someone with you who does.
        Because if you bu**er up someone's treatment due to a misunderstanding the NHS gets a sued.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          People do and have always done so.

They wait until one of their kids who can be as young as 6 is around. Unfortunately this isn't suitable in all situations.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            People do and have always done so.

They wait until one of their kids who can be as young as 6 is around. Unfortunately this isn't suitable in all situations.
            I'm not sure this washes if they are signing a consent form.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I have a suggestion to solve the problem.

When one of your Mrs. Mum's patients is waiting for an interpreter, she could treat the next one until the interpreter arrives.

I think we've hit the nail on the head here common in the public sector......efficiency!

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                I'm not sure this washes if they are signing a consent form.
                Notice I said this isn't suitable in all situations.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I have a suggestion to solve the problem.

When one of your Mrs. Mum's patients is waiting for an interpreter, she could treat the next one until the interpreter arrives.

I think we've hit the nail on the head here common in the public sector......efficiency!

I've seen some fairly impressive improvement. The missus had a visit to AE minor and it was all very smooth. Nurses trained to read x-rays to avoid taking up doctor's time and that sort of thing. My GP has an open surgery every morning. Sixty people seen on a first come, first severed basis and works very well.

The missus also works for the NHS. In her area they managed to do away with nearly all overtime by introducing a better shift system.

Oh, and the one everyone knows. They've massively clamped down on contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Notice I said this isn't suitable in all situations.
                    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      HUH! So how does Sas get past ten?

Ah right - Takes off his shirt first
                      he can get to 13, though he does get confused whether its 11 elbow or 12 arse.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X