• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    In the context of the thread your implication is that it was some sort of blanket ban. It wasn't.
    No, there was no such implication. In fact it was explicitly the opposite - for anyone who care to read what is written and not what they want to see. I even provided the link to the FAQ on the activist website.

The point that was made several times, which people chose to ignore, was that the list was formulated by Barak Obama in relation to terror threats, and that if one chooses to see it as a list of Muslims rather than a list of terror threats, then that person must also ascribe that prejudice to Barak Obama as well as Trump, and must also ascribe any 'arbitrary' or inconsistent nature of the list to Obama, rather than Trump, as it was Obama's list.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I take it you didn't also read the post which had a comment...

Anyway, I leave everyone with this:

Thus proving, once and for all, that immigration often leads to a bad outcome...

Comment

Spontaneous Spicer, your memory seems to be suffering. You say that he is only implementing campaign promises.
        On the campaign trail he also stated that Obama was the founder of ISIS. Earlier he spent years claiming Obama was a Muslim.
        ...but stick with your alternative facts.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Spontaneous Spicer, your memory seems to be suffering. You say that he is only implementing campaign promises.
          On the campaign trail he also stated that Obama was the founder of ISIS. Earlier he spent years claiming Obama was a Muslim.
          And he was a prominent "Birther"

Comment

I don't understand anything you've written there. Are we talking about his campaign promises? Or his historical observations? (ISIS as we know it is, of course, a product of Obama policy in Syria). And what does either have to do with my memory?

That aside, are you suggesting that he did not make this moratorium a central part of his winning election campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              And he was a prominent "Birther"
              Same question. Also, do you know what a straw-man is?

If you want to argue against Trump the man, then good for you - but I'm not interested.

I'm pointing out that one could find it surprising that so many people are 'shocked' that this happened, when it was a core part of Trump's platform which > 60 million people voted for, and the same number again failed to vote against.

Comment

The US Attorney General has now instructed the Justice Department not to defend the Executive Order against the forthcoming challenges in court: US attorney general defies immigrant ban - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The US Attorney General has now instructed the Justice Department not to defend the Executive Order against the forthcoming challenges in court: US attorney general defies immigrant ban - BBC News
                  …and now the the short-fingered vulgarian has purged the Attorney General: Trump sacks defiant acting attorney general - BBC News :nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    I don't understand anything you've written there.

That's because you can't handle the truth.

...crawl back under your bridge.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's because you can't handle the truth.
                      And there was me thinking he doesn't understand because he's thicker than mince.

Nice statemanship from Trump there - blaming everyone else for his incompetence. I wonder if his republican handlers are letting him make a hash of things (or even encouraging him?).
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X