• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    You da bizz nizz!!!
    Indeed.

Has worked out to be extremely profitable .

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    So the person who gives you direction (and tasks), signs your timesheet and decides if you get extended. What do you call that person? That's the person who you want to be a permie.

I operate in the real world. Where one calibrates ones modus operandi to the team that one is playing in. I don't pull out my contract and tell them "that's more than my jobs worth".
    Surely a bit dodgy on the direction and control side?
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 31 January 2017, 13:39.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      before we solve the problem we need to understand if Metallica is the cause or the victim, so far I am leaning towards the former

Milan.
      Absolutely wrong. I fully endorse Paddy's pre-emptive strike. Lead on metallica, seek & destroy
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Absolutely wrong. I fully endorse Paddy's pre-emptive strike. Lead on metallica, seek & destroy
        oh dear

oh well, good luck with it all

Milan.

Comment

oh dear

oh well, good luck with it all

Milan.
          Check which forum we're in....
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Check which forum we're in....

are you suggesting your advice to Metallica is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ?

Milan.

Comment

are you suggesting your advice to Metallica is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ?

Milan.
              I would think it's his long hair, wearing one iron maiden tee-shirt the entire gig and smelling of patchouli oil all the time.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Rather than listen to the morons, why not do something more realistic like grab a coffee with the Contractor Manager?

What evidence have you got that the technical lead is making it difficult for you? Could any of it be seen as your failure/inability to deliver?
                He's probably annoyed because your in tight with permie management.

Have it out with him, sit down and start off with " it appears we might have started off on the wrong foot and I feel there may be a problem between us, obviously for the sake of the project I would rather work together so please tell me what the issue is so we can work together to resolve it"

If he can't be reasoned with tw*t him round the head with a cricket bat

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  He's probably annoyed because your in tight with permie management.

Have it out with him, sit down and start off with " it appears we might have started off on the wrong foot and I feel there may be a problem between us, obviously for the sake of the project I would rather work together so please tell me what the issue is so we can work together to resolve it"

If he can't be reasoned with tw*t him round the head with a cricket bat
                  Save time and assume he can't be reasoned with.

Comment

And cover your tracks:

1) outside/off client co property
                    2) no cameras
                    3) hit so it doesn't bruise...much
                    4) all else fails use pliers and a blowtorch
                    5) keep invoicing

(sounds a bit like some officers of the USPD)

Good Luck

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Sub-contract to AtW.

My kind of fishing [emoji106]🏾
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X