• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    It is a decision for law makers to decide, we are not free to do whatever we feel like doing.
    That is not an argument for banning any form of clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      That practice is already outlawed but, I suspect, it is rarely enforced.
      Yes and I understand why. I would hate to be the man walking into the trafford center and arresting a women who through years of brainwashing and control is forced to wear full dress. And when asked would say it's her choice, if she can speak English. Probably can't because that's another way to control.

However, it should be enforced and we should look at ways of enforcing this not just through arrests but pressure on communities.

I do think if there was more integration then perhaps this would change things.

Comment

Yes and I understand why. I would hate to be the man walking into the trafford center and arresting a women who through years of brainwashing and control is forced to wear full dress. And when asked would say it's her choice, if she can speak English. Probably can't because that's another way to control.

However, it should be enforced and we should look at ways of enforcing this not just through arrests but pressure on communities.

But we're already multicultural, the government said so....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

However, it never works when it's deep-rooted matter like religion. Look at Northern Ireland. They might not be trying to kill each other on a daily basis, but integrate - never.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            However, it never works when it's deep-rooted matter like religion. Look at Northern Ireland. They might not be trying to kill each other on a daily basis, but integrate - never.
            Yep!

Comment

So people who choose to dress in a way that is in opposition to mainstream cultural sensitivities should have their right to do so protected by law?
              You've hit the nail on the head.

As westerners we should show respect and dress modestly when visiting temples and such like when we are in the east.

Similarly easterners show show respect and dress non extremist when out in western public places (not covering the face).

If people cannot abide by this, then there needs to be a law which can be enforced if needed.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                You've hit the nail on the head.

As westerners we should show respect and dress modestly when visiting temples and such like when we are in the east.

Similarly easterners show show respect and dress non extremist when out in western public places (not covering the face).

If people cannot abide by this, then there needs to be a law which can be enforced if needed.
                Think you'll find it's "have to", not should.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  But we're already multicultural, the government said so....
                  Multicultural yes, integrated, partially.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Multicultural yes, integrated, partially.
                    Spot on. So what, if anything, should be done about integration?

Comment

That is not an argument for banning any form of clothing.
                      Apart from your husband wearing a mankini to Tescos on a Saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X