Cornwall stuffed, or is it? Cornwall stuffed, or is it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drob1984 View Post
    That's quite a small number if that's the projected figures of leaving the EU. Its quite an inward looking report as all it mentions is the EU, not the wider world. Huge opportunities for the UK to be a global player again and invest in developing nations, particularly those who need help around the world.

    Tap into some of the 320 billion a year trade that Australia does with China and well, the UK will not be worried about 20-30 billion! Need a big focus on primary industries again, lets feed and produce foods and essential items that the growing middle-classes of these developing countries want. Like Poldark, if I had the money, I'd be opening a mine.

    Its no wonder so many people in the South-West and old-industrial heartlands (north, wales) voted to leave.
    Remember exploring Poldark and Tolgus Tin when I was a kid. Happy days.

    Poldark Mine at Wendron is still open as a tourist attraction I think.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  2. #12

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Remember exploring Poldark and Tolgus Tin when I was a kid. Happy days.

    Poldark Mine at Wendron is still open as a tourist attraction I think.
    Indeed it is, went there a couple of years ago with Mrs SB and SB05. Has an underground postbox that is (one of) the deepest postboxes in the country.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Indeed it is, went there a couple of years ago with Mrs SB and SB05. Has an underground postbox that is (one of) the deepest postboxes in the country.
    Some great days out in Cornwall and that's when it's not a beach day. I need to get another holiday booked.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #14

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Some great days out in Cornwall and that's when it's not a beach day. I need to get another holiday booked.
    We usually have a week down there in the autumn Mrs SB and I.

    Big pile of DVDs that we want to catch up on, plenty of real ales and a decent malt whisky and off we go.

    If the weather is nice we do the sightseeing bit, and if it is naff we hunker down with the heating on.

    Great way to recharge the batteries before the winter sets in.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    We usually have a week down there in the autumn Mrs SB and I.

    Big pile of DVDs that we want to catch up on, plenty of real ales and a decent malt whisky and off we go.

    If the weather is nice we do the sightseeing bit, and if it is naff we hunker down with the heating on.

    Great way to recharge the batteries before the winter sets in.
    We've been down in September a few times and the weather is usually better. Healey's cider farm is worth a visit near Perranporth, then on to Perranporth itself for an ice cream from Pirran Dairy (you can see them making the ice cream in the back room!). Oh and there's a pub on the beach
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #16

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    We've been down in September a few times and the weather is usually better. Healey's cider farm is worth a visit near Perranporth, then on to Perranporth itself for an ice cream from Pirran Dairy (you can see them making the ice cream in the back room!). Oh and there's a pub on the beach
    I know the one you mean. It sells draught Leffe Blonde, or at least it used to.
    Took the Mrs and kids to the Haven camp just on the outskirts of Perranporth a few years back.
    Was an interesting wobble back up to the site from the pub.
    The Watering Hole it is called.

    Shlurp!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  7. #17

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I know the one you mean. It sells draught Leffe Blonde, or at least it used to.
    Took the Mrs and kids to the Haven camp just on the outskirts of Perranporth a few years back.
    Was an interesting wobble back up to the site from the pub.
    The Watering Hole it is called.

    Shlurp!!
    It is indeed. Seiners does nice food too at the south end of the beach.
    Proper quintessentially Cornish seaside town.

    We've stayed at the park overlooking Crantock Beach just up the coast; stroll into the pubs in the village or straight down the hill on to the beach.

    There are some great restaurants along the coast too - Lewinnick Lodge and Bush Pepper at Newquay, Fifteen at Watergate Bay, even Rick Stein's place in Padstow.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •