• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian McEwan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I suggested to GB9 that, instead of brainfarting, he apply what little intelligence and analytic skills he has, to rebut McEwan's argument. I even said it's not difficult. But when he failed at even that small task and none of you Brexiteers leapt in to help, I gave you a rebuttal.

Is that clear enough for you now? My mention of Switzerland was to demonstrate that McEwan is wrong.

I supported remaining in the EU. I think Ian McEwan is talking bollox. These are not two mutually exclusive statements.
    and I did taking your kind contribution in. As pointed out in my post the EU likes referendums as well & McEwan is therefore wrong. I replied to you but as I suggested can any of you geniuses (Ass, NYUK Scoot etc) explain why so I wasn't disagreeing with you but rather the other bremainers.

My reply to you was about my alleged "non sequitur" McEwan compared the Brexit vote to the rise of the Nazi party famous for trying to annex & rule Europe. I suggested that EU was probably the organisation with closer intentions rather than UKIP or even the UK. So it is logical and follows directly from McEwan's point.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Translation error apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        so he realised he was an ass and is back pedalling...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          A novelist, playwright and screenwriter, whose work I have never read, and I've never seen any film or TV adaptations of his work. Nor have I any particular wish to.
          Never heard of him. He must be one of those Booker Prize type authors who write big door stopper novels that the cognoscenti rave about but normal people rarely bother reading.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Never heard of him. He must be one of those Booker Prize type authors who write big door stopper novels that the cognoscenti rave about but normal people rarely bother reading.
            Ignorance is bliss, eh? Oh well, your loss. "Atonement" is one of the best novels ever, IMO.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Ignorance is bliss, eh? Oh well, your loss. "Atonement" is one of the best novels ever, IMO.
              bit too Harold Pinter for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                bit too Harold Pinter for my liking.
                In what way?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

In what way?
                  Not enough pop-up teddy bears.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Not enough pop-up teddy bears.
                    Give the man a chance ....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Give the man a chance ....
                      not much plot and all about sexual repression.

Comment

Working...
                      X