Maybe we should take a trick from them... Maybe we should take a trick from them...
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default Maybe we should take a trick from them...

    Next time a male MP barks while a female MP speaks or similar (or vice versa) then they should be suspended and have 30 days of their expenses not paid linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Next time a male MP barks while a female MP speaks or similar (or vice versa) then they should be suspended and have 30 days of their expenses not paid linky
    Of course women must earn less than men because they are weaker, they are smaller, they are less intelligent, they must earn less, that’s all,” he said. “Do you know how many women are in the first 100 of chess players. I tell you, no one.
    Seems like a very reliable bit of analysis

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,380

    Default

    not a very nice man.

    Surprised there aren't more great women chess players never thought of it before, its strategy & knowing your opponent so they should be really good at it.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    not a very nice man.

    Surprised there aren't more great women chess players never thought of it before, its strategy & knowing your opponent so they should be really good at it.
    Just like a relationship

  5. #5

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Seems like a very reliable bit of analysis
    Judit Polgar in No. 72 (peaked at No. 8 in 2005).
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,124

    Default

    Love the idea women should earn less "because they're smaller"

    There are loads of pro female chess players but they can't compete with the top men. I'm unsure if that's because the numbers are still weighted against them or because they are treated differently, or if there's a genuine physiological difference. It's discussed a fair bit on chess forums where most people are men which doesn't really further a useful debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  7. #7

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Aren't the top 100 chess players all super-computers these days?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Love the idea women should earn less "because they're smaller"
    He's 5ft 8 - I know plenty of women the same height or taller than him. Some of them are also larger in width...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    Aren't the top 100 chess players all super-computers these days?
    The top ranked player is actually a lizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  10. #10

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    not a very nice man.
    Now that you say that, I wonder if he is pro Brexit?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •