• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bremoanors on this forum sound like modern day Lord Haw-Haws

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I doubt it. There'll be nothing to come for.
    I suspect there'll actually be mass emigration on the Irish model of the 18-19th century.
    Care to actually justify this with a few facts? You're comparing the future of the UK with mass starvation of the Irish?

Comment

I doubt it. There'll be nothing to come for.
      I suspect there'll actually be mass emigration on the Irish model of the 18-19th century.
      I need someone to come and tarmac my drive
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Care to actually justify this with a few facts? You're comparing the future of the UK with mass starvation of the Irish?
        Actually that was a bit exagerrated.
        I suspect economic opportunities in rUK (rump UK) will decline post Brexit for the working and lower middle class, those that exist will be confined mostly to the rich and privately educated.
        As in any country a small minority will do very well.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

There'll be nothing to come for.
          There in lies the rub. You think it's ok for them to come now, millions of others didn't on the scale that it is happening.

Comment

Well if we're using India as an example (Just talking IT), one very important thing to remember is that irrespective that it will get more expensive (They're on about probably half now what an average UK IT guy gets and average pay rises of about 15%), but they're the ones who will have the skills and experience and once pay starts to hit close to parity they're all going to come back from overseas or not leave at all. It'll just keep getting stronger and stronger and better off every year - the pace of change there is frightening, it's biggest issue is infrastructure just can't keep up. Manufacturing jobs ain't coming back to the UK in a big way if the skills and infra to support it dont exist any more. It's the same in IT ...

Singapore was mentioned as some sort of Brexit example - forget everything else, you know it's reliant on immigrants for it's success (2/5s of total) - at the high end and low end of the spectrum
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Well if we're using India as an example ... the pace of change there is frightening ...
              Was there in January on a business trip and when I said roughly the same thing on here, the usual morons who believe everything is preserved in aspic from years ago lined up to say I was talking crap.
              No doubt the same morons who haven't realised that Britain doesn't rule the world anymore but is a medium sized, post-industrial country that relies on debt for its standard of living.
              Last edited by sasguru; 5 April 2017, 15:58.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Was there in January on a business trip and when I said that, after ten days on expenses, I was an expert on everything to do with the sub-continent, I was roundly rebuked. Seems to be my lot in life. Maybe I should engage my tiny brain before opening my large ill-informed gob?
                ftfy
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

... Britain doesn't rule the world anymore but is a medium sized, post-industrial country that relies on debt for its standard of living.
                  That may be so, but singling out Britain for contemptuous criticism shows what a self-deluding bubble you inhabit, because the fact is pretty much *every* Western country (including the US and Japan) is up to its neck in national and personal debt, and many if not most are in a far worse pickle than the UK.

Oh and yet again, can I point out that burgeoning debt and reducing personal savings is a clear sign of an inflation tsunami on the way!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    That may be so, but singling out Britain for contemptuous criticism shows what a self-deluding bubble you inhabit, because the fact is pretty much *every* Western country (including the US and Japan) is up to its neck in national and personal debt, and many if not most are in a far worse pickle than the UK.

Oh and yet again, can I point out that burgeoning debt and reducing personal savings is a clear sign of an inflation tsunami on the way!
                    I think the difference is that the US as a country is the preeminent military and economic power on earth. While Japan for all its problems is still the 3rd largest economy and a massive industrial producer. And therefore that the delusions lie with Brexiters who believe unrealistically that they belong in such company based on PAST greatness
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      they're the ones who will have the skills and experience and once pay starts to hit close to parity they're all going to come back from overseas or not leave at all.
                      Gotta laugh at snaw, a taxdodging expat, trying to suggest that at the point that all the bobs go home (with all of their "skills and experience"), the UK will somehow just fall apart.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X