• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Nope, still no new registrations being taken.

Will keep checking over coming days in case they are almost done with those upgrades but if anyone notices they've opened the front door in the meantime let us all know.

Will have to read back through this thread to see what other suggestions people haveput forward for services they've used that have been as good as can expect from the current bunch. Better to have a few different avenues and spread the 'investments' around in case any one of them comes a cropper.

I presume those services mentioned in recent pages are safe from triggering issues in the UK such as banks freezing accounts when transferring money between the account and the service or back again? Not heard much about that issue recently so hopefully it's easy to avoid.
    Should I start renting out my Bittrex agent services for buying currency?

UK banks: I visited a few whilst in Bath recently. Nationwide don't give a monkey's - I've tried and tested, no problems. HSBC are also happy to accept but only in an investment account, don't use a current account.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Should have mentioned Vertcoin (VTC) for those looking for a gamble. Stellar like gains possible with this one, could give 1000% before summer.

It's a currency controlled by people rather than a central organisation. Don't be put off by its dollar value however.

The cup formation is complete and there's a massive flag forming now, only a matter of time days or a week or two before this one makes some serious upward trend IMO.

Last edited by scooterscot; 7 January 2018, 14:33.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What price are you all realistically hoping for BTC to be at the end of the year?
        $50k I hope
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

UK banks: I visited a few whilst in Bath recently. Nationwide don't give a monkey's - I've tried and tested, no problems. HSBC are also happy to accept but only in an investment account, don't use a current account.
          Tread carefully.
          Seen reports that Santander, Barclays and NatWest will quickly shut down accounts used/they suspect used for Bitcoin transactions. PayPal the same.

"Santander UK to Terminate Users’ Bank Accounts Sending Fiat to Bitcoin Exchanges"
          "Barclays closed down my bank account after Bitcoin trade"
          "NatWest closed bank account. NatWest have closed the personal bank account I was using to trade bitcoins".
          "My PayPal Account just got closed because of Bitcoin Transaction"

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            Tread carefully.
            Seen reports that Santander, Barclays and NatWest will quickly shut down accounts used/they suspect used for Bitcoin transactions. PayPal the same.

"Santander UK to Terminate Users’ Bank Accounts Sending Fiat to Bitcoin Exchanges"
            "Barclays closed down my bank account after Bitcoin trade"
            "NatWest closed bank account. NatWest have closed the personal bank account I was using to trade bitcoins".
            "My PayPal Account just got closed because of Bitcoin Transaction"
            This just sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole that ended up here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/

Everything you ever wanted to know about UK banks, HMRC, exchanges etc - being discussed and experienced right here.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              This just sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole that ended up here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/

Everything you ever wanted to know about UK banks, HMRC, exchanges etc - being discussed and experienced right here.
              On the link from a above - someone shares the same experience I've had with the nationwide...

I have to say in my experience the Nationwide are a lovely bank, in as much as banks can be. Great service, zero mistakes, normal crappy rates, but consistent and reliable. I work close to town, and the week before I wandered in to my branch, told them what I was doing, and asked them if it would all be OK. Apparently, more and more people are asking these days, and at least according to my branch rep, they are quite happy to accept deposits from an exchange – they would not be closing my account down. My SWIFT and IBAN numbers were all on my bank statement, but I double-checked with them to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                On the link from a above - someone shares the same experience I've had with the nationwide...
                Coinbase dont like Nationwide, not sure why. They display the below message prominently on the GBP account deposit page:

We do not accept deposits from Nationwide Bank

Comment

So what with the lack of 'decent' exchanges accepting new members, and many banks not wanting to handle crypto transfers, there's no need to worry about a government clampdown when one is already in effect.

Oh well, I'm sure new improved services will come along soon to fill the gap being created in the market.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post
                    Coinbase dont like Nationwide, not sure why. They display the below message prominently on the GBP account deposit page:

It's because of their partner bank rather the nationwide themselves

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...om_nationwide/

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post

They accepted one of mine a while back, but have since stopped. And because they don't accept deposits, you can't verify a Nationwide account, so you can't use it for withdrawals either. Tossers.

Comment

Working...
                      X