• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    230 trades?!

I think I made 3
    I think that says it all really.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hey, don't knock it. Trade less win more. I've a bank balance to prove it....
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But you've also got 18k posts of completely missed targets, poor advice and failed evangelical predictions yet you've made 3 trades?

Just proves how deluded you are about all this. If you were using all this analysis and crap you spout to trade I'd get it. But you obviously don't. You do it to try and prove you know what you are talking about, which the evidence proves you don't.

Why waste so much time and effort on something when you've made 3 trades?

The link I showed earlier calls you your type to a tee.

Not sure what you hope to achieve continuing with all this nonsense when everyone else on here can see thought it but you. It's a pretty unhealthy obsession IMO.

You might sit on your soapbox thinking you are king of everything you see but people have lost a lot of money off the back of your crap and the fact you deny this and even worse, don't care is a really poor attitude.

Comment

So you bought tulipcoins twice, but sold once?

Comment

It’s possible pooper does not count barter trades where he swapped on tulipcoin for another, otherwise CGT is due.

To get money in he needed at least pne trade, and supposedly two trades to take out a mil in “fiat”?

It smells of bulltulip

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It’s possible pooper does not count barter trades where he swapped on tulipcoin for another, otherwise CGT is due.

To get money in he needed at least pne trade, and supposedly two trades to take out a mil in “fiat”?

It smells of bulltulip
              You are trying to analyse the actions of a complete fantasist and liar so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You are trying to analyse the actions of a complete fantasist and liar so who knows.
                You mean he did not buy a Lambo?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So you bought tulipcoins twice, but sold once?
                  I don't day trade. I think I've mentioned that once or twice before.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I don't day trade. I think I've mentioned that once or twice before.
                    But you posted countless charts on different tulipcoins, you did not actually trade them?

What were your trades then - dates and amounts please

Comment

This tax return is becoming a real headache, has no one else (trading crypto) done one yet?

I'm flipping between CGT liability and 'highly speculative therefor no tax owed (like spreadbetting)'.

I wonder if they'll take a note on the tax return and a nice spreadsheet to pore through...

This is the guide I'm going by:

Taxation on cryptocurrency – mining, holding, buying, selling
                      Under HMRC guidance, the activity in question determines the cryptocurrency tax treatment and whether liability to Capital Gains, Income tax or Corporation tax has been triggered.

This is consistent with the position on land, property and dealing in shares and other financial instruments, and means the underlying assets are not of primary significance.

Taking into account HMRC’s guidance and the applicable legislation, cryptocurrencies could be held, and should be distinguished for tax purposes, for the following reasons:

Speculatively – tax-free gains.
                      For personal use and expenditure – tax-free gains.
                      As an investment – subject to capital gains regime. The amount subject to CGT for an individual (10/20%) and corporation tax (19%) for a company.
                      As a trading asset – as such the profits are subject to income tax for an individual (20/45/45%).
                      Last edited by Jog On; 23 November 2018, 14:00.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X