• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    This is an interesting site:

https://www.blocktivity.info/

Shows activity and transactions for different blockchains. Particularly like this stat:

So based on this STEEM and GOLOS are very active and undervalued in terms of market cap...
    Interesting site, no heard of Golos before, worth taking a look at it's done well but not pumped yet, might be able to get in early if it checks out.

Comment

Luv it when this happens... totally forgot about the BOScoin ICO, put almost a thousand pounds worth of BTC for several thousands of the token back in April. They just sent a newsletter which reminded me. Turns out that's about £50k now

"As you know, BOScoin is based on Stellar, and we are the first Stellar based token to be listed on KuCoin but they have confirmed that they will list BOScoin as soon as all technical issues are resolved."

Similar thing with the Tezos ICO, totally forgot about that.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
        Interesting site, no heard of Golos before, worth taking a look at it's done well but not pumped yet, might be able to get in early if it checks out.
        Rusia's Steem.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Verge on the daily express? What? How? WhY?

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...-money-finance

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Verge on the daily express? What? How? WhY?

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...-money-finance
            This is the one that John McAfeee is pumping isn't it? Screams of scam to me. Are you aware of it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              This is the one that John McAfeee is pumping isn't it? Screams of scam to me. Are you aware of it at all?
              I'm not aware of the JM influence.

The creator of Verge had never intended it to be pump coin instead the focus was on privacy and secure transactions at Stellar like speeds. In fact as I recall that's why so many coins were created in the first place, to avoid pumping. Not worked.

I'm only invested in what I can afford / happy to loose. But yes be careful with that influence. Nonetheless the statistics behind the current rise suggest people will pump it to around $2 by June. If that happens, I'm all out.

Comment

He pumped XLM today, check out the graph!

Comment

Rollercoaster about to go back up...

No Cryptocurrency Trading Ban, South Korea Government Confirms

On January 15, in a public press conference, South Korea President Moon Jae-in’s executive office Blue House spokesperson Jeong Ki-joon, emphasized that there will be no cryptocurrency trading ban in the near future.

In an official announcement, spokesperson Jeong noted that the cryptocurrency regulation task force created by the government will improve and alter the original proposal by the Justice Ministry to ban cryptocurrency trading and introduce practical regulations to foster the cryptocurrency market.

The statement of spokesperson Jeong, translated at CCN, read:

“First, the South Korean government will pursue the crackdown on anonymous cryptocurrency trading accounts and will punish market manipulation, money laundering, and fraudulent transactions through joint investigations participated by the local law enforcement and financial authorities.

Second, the cryptocurrency trading ban proposal introduced by Justice Minister Park Sang-ki was a suggestion made by the Justice Ministry on December 28 to bring speculation within the cryptocurrency market under control. The proposal will be discussed and changed by the task force participated by the Ministry of Strategy and Finance, central bank, Fair Trade Commission, and other agencies.

Third, excessive speculation and fraudulent activities will be met with severe consequences. But, the government will support and even finance blockchain technology development.”

The ban on foreigners and underaged investors from trading cryptocurrencies is expected to be implemented on January 20, and by the end of this month, South Korean cryptocurrency exchanges are also expected to reopen registrations for new users and investors.

The statement of the South Korean government came after several high ranking officials including Nam Kyung-pil, former congressman and a member of the National Assembly, heavily criticized critics and the government for their inability to understand and properly regulate the cryptocurrency market.

“Calling bitcoin a tulip bubble is ridiculing the South Korean people. Its a baseless condemnation of the currency. Gov’t should focus on fostering crypto market if it doesn’t want to be left behind,” Nam said.

Comment

BTC crashing again. Wonder what's causing it this time
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      BTC crashing again. Wonder what's causing it this time
                      It's a longshot but I'd guess "commonsense".

Comment

Working...
                      X