• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm Crypto Coin News (CCN)
    a news website about Crypto Coins, nothing to do with CNN but then you knew that because you did research and was just kidding right?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      “Physically-Settled Bitcoin Futures”

Physically settling virtual coins?
      Physically Settled Options - Introduction. Physically Settled Options, or physically delivered options, are options with the physical settlement feature. Physical settlement means the actual underlying asset covered by the terms of the option is given to its holder when the option is exercised.

Nothing to do with physically being able to touch them if that’s what you were thinking.

It feels like educate AtW day today, I thought you were smart?

Comment

Interesting article on Slashdot

Originally posted by Slashdot
        Dozens of trading groups are manipulating the price of cryptocurrencies on some of the largest online exchanges, generating at least $825 million in trading activity over the past six months -- and hundreds of millions in losses for those caught on the wrong side, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis. From a report:
        In a review of trading data and online communications among traders between January and the end of July, the Journal identified 175 "pump and dump" schemes involving 121 different digital coins, which show a sudden rise in price and an equally sudden fall minutes later.

A pump-and-dump scheme is one of the oldest types of market fraud: Traders talk up the price of an asset before dumping it for a profit and leaving fooled investors with shrunken shares. The Securities and Exchange Commission regularly brings civil cases alleging pump and dumps using publicly traded stocks. Manipulations of cryptocurrencies are no different, but regulators have yet to bring a case in the more opaque market for them. The SEC declined to comment.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Interesting article on Slashdot
          Where's that no tulip sherlock smilie ...

Unless you really believe in a tulipcoin and have done enough research to make that belief non-delusional, most tulipcoins are only worth a pump and dump.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

"Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan reckons that cryptocurrency is a “scam”: Bitcoin price resumes the uptrend"

https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurre...d-201808061410

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              It feels like educate AtW day today, I thought you were smart?
              Yes, I am, that's why I am not getting into tulipcoins - only morons and fraudsters do.

Comment

How dare you!!
                I am not a fraudster.. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes, I am, that's why I am not getting into tulipcoins - only morons and fraudsters do.
                  I've got some bitcoin and I'm not a fraudster.

Edit : damn. Beaten to it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you hear the news? A BTC custodian is appearing now, with PWC appointments....
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BitConnect (BCC) up 89% today !

Follows some action by a few of the BCC 'infamous YouTube millionaires'...
                      a) Trevon James returning to his 'main' YouTube channel 2 days ago, discussing BitConnect and his upcoming SEC testify
                      b) Graig Grant starting to mention BitConnect more
                      c) Crypto Clover returning from Vietnam stopped and interrogated at a US airport by the FBI yesterday

All three have spent the last 8 months shilling, playing and mastering the Ethereum 'dapp, smart contract' ponzi/pyramid market -
                      including releasing their own smart contract clones.
                      Grant's shilling March/April time is arguably responsible for the takeoff and success of PowH3D and all subsequence related smart contracts.

BitconnectX (https://bitconnectx.co/) has been lying dormant for months since its ICO ... is it dead .. or ... ?

Something's afoot.

Comment

Working...
                      X