• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election - how will you vote?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    If you are in a fist fight with someone who is a lot bigger than you and an expert in martial arts, standing up for yourself will just increase the number of injuries you will sustain.

Exactly. All this 'strengthen my hand' stuff is utter bollocks aimed at thick c**ts. A bit like MK Dons manager demanding a vote of confidence from the board so that they can beat Barcelona.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      So the choice is between two people, both of whom you know are one whom you suspect might be a completely useless cluster****, and one you already know is a completely useless cluster****.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        If you are in a fist fight with someone who is a lot bigger than you and an expert in martial arts, standing up for yourself will just increase the number of injuries you will sustain.

What if this big person is also a fat flabby cringing coward? A couple of decisive knocks and they'd ignominiously back down.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Exactly. All this 'strengthen my hand' stuff is utter bollocks aimed at thick c**ts. A bit like MK Dons manager demanding a vote of confidence from the board so that they can beat Barcelona.
          Thick c**ts are apparently 52% of the population - and yup they're mostly going to vote to get screwed over by the Tories.
          The next election, presumably 2022, when the tulip has hit and stuck to the fan, will be the really interesting one.
          I'm beginning to think Jeremy is no mug, he's playing a long game - counting on a post-Brexit economy meltdown.
          What will happen then?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            What if this big person is also a fat flabby cringing coward? A couple of decisive knocks and they'd ignominiously back down.
            You really are thick as mince.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I'm looking at Germany's huge trading and budget surplus and I'm not seeing that, and then I'm seeing a pretty slick business friendly Marcon, and then I notice that growth has already been extinguished in the UK. There is a lot of optimism in many parts of Germany as they see a flood of companies moving there.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-economy-slows

The UK is going down the drain, and if it picks a fight its going to get its head kicked in, and the sooner the Brits realise that the better.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You really are thick as mince.
                Kinetic energy is 0.5 * mass * velocity^2 . So its better to be small and fast. like Bruce Lee.

And it really depends where you hit/kick them.

Not that I am going to argue with Churchill....

Comment

Tory reluctantly as none of the other parties, IMHO, offer a realistic alternative that won't cause an even bigger mess than we are in now, and selfishly it doesn't really affect me that much as I am the type of person the Tories see as key demographic.
                  Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
                    Tory reluctantly as none of the other parties, IMHO, offer a realistic alternative that won't cause an even bigger mess than we are in now, and selfishly it doesn't really affect me that much as I am the type of person the Tories see as key demographic.
                    A cretin?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Thick c**ts are apparently 52% of the population - and yup they're mostly going to vote to get screwed over by the Tories.
                      Someone showed me a video of a voter explaining how he would like to vote for Corbyn, but doesn't think Corbyn can win so therefore he's going to vote for May.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X