• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    And their lung cancer treatment, gets paid by the tax payer as well
    Big savings on their pensions. And they will only die of something else expensive later in life.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Not yet. He keeps trying to get himself pregnant to jump the list.
      I thought I was there at one point, but it was merely a heavy beer & curry weekend.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        And their lung cancer treatment, gets paid by the tax payer as well
        Smokers don't live long once they get lung cancer, the prognosis is usually poor. But it's true that hundreds of thousands can be spent in a year or two on someone who is going to die anyway.
        I've made sure my private insurance pays for that, although it's a bit useless.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          I thought I was there at one point, but it was merely a heavy beer & curry weekend.
          Sore rectum?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Don't be too smug. I'm an ex smoker too but it's a myth that your risk of lung cancer falls. It remains elevated forever. Basically smoking is like a death escalator, the point at which you get off, your risk remains at that point. It doesn't decline.
            The good news is that your cardiovascular risk does decline.
            And of course the other bit of good news is the trailer load of cash I've saved since giving up the filthy habit. All goes of course towards luxury holidays with my loved ones so they'll have lots of good memories when I pop off early.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
              And of course the other bit of good news is the trailer load of cash I've saved since giving up the filthy habit. All goes of course towards luxury holidays with my loved ones so they'll have lots of good memories when I pop off early.
              Quite. Got roughly the same idea.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Sore rectum?
                Funny you should say that....
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Smokers don't live long once they get lung cancer, the prognosis is usually poor. But it's true that hundreds of thousands can be spent in a year or two on someone who is going to die anyway.
                  I've made sure my private insurance pays for that, although it's a bit useless.
                  Tease
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                    Great idea. Why do people still smoke in this day and age anyway? (says this smug ex-smoker)
                    All ex-smokers are smug, having tried to quit a few times I can fully understand why you feel smug, and you have certainly earned the right to be smug. Well done. You'll almost certainly realise why I reserve the right to despise smug ex-smokers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      All ex-smokers are smug, having tried to quit a few times I can fully understand why you feel smug, and you have certainly earned the right to be smug. Well done. You'll almost certainly realise why I reserve the right to despise smug ex-smokers though.
                      Mate. Give it up and come join me on my luxury yacht the smug-gler (see what I did there) as we laugh at those sad saps who still think it makes sense to hand over stupid amounts of money for the chance to coat their lungs in carcinogenic gunge in the name of 'freedom'. And say goodbye to fag breath!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X