Posts 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Car

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default Car

Write off

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

Sorry to hear that. Got to look on the bright side though - pending an insurance pay out you get to choose some new wheels.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Contractor Among Contractors

Dark Black is NOT a disguised employee

Buy it back for salvage value, give it a polish and flog it on via fleabay for a profit... sorted
    Do what thou wilt

More important question is what would be the cost of claim? That is asked on form for new insurance, let's say the agreed value of car is £X and they pay it, but since it's the other party fault they should be able to recover it, hence the question - would that reduce the "cost of claim" that I'll have to declare when applying for insurance?

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Write off
    You will have a visit by a horrible man called a loss adjuster. His job is to give your car the least value. He we try and get away with offering you the trade in value in “Glasses Guide”. What you need is NOT the trade in price but the showroom price.
    Your job will be to argue back.

BTW. Did the air bags go off?

1. Collect adverts with prices for similar cars for sale.
    2. If you are unsatisfied, you can sue. You can even sue for consequential losses. Sue the driver not the insurance company.
    3. You could buy your car from the insurance company and have it repaired by yourself.
    4. A lot of write offs are shipped to Cyprus for repair. The repair standards in Cyprus are better than the UK.
    http://cyprusautorepairs.com/en/home-4/

Car shipping to Cyprus £350 to £500 ish
    http://www.seakargo.com/
    Last edited by Paddy; 10th May 2017 at 13:41.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Banned

Bee is NOT a disguised employee

More important question is what would be the cost of claim? That is asked on form for new insurance, let's say the agreed value of car is £X and they pay it, but since it's the other party fault they should be able to recover it, hence the question - would that reduce the "cost of claim" that I'll have to declare when applying for insurance?
    I don't know how is it in the UK, but normally, if the repair is less than the commercial value of your car, shall be eligible for repair. What we need to be careful is that the value of your car in your insurance should reflect exactly the commercial value of your car.

Bugger - my claim value would have to be given regardless of the fact if (and they will in this case) get it covered by 3rd party

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    I don't know how is it in the UK, but normally, if the repair is less than the commercial value of your car, shall be eligible for repair. What we need to be careful is that the value of your car in your insurance should reflect exactly the commercial value of your car.
    It isn't in this case.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Got to look on the bright side though - pending an insurance pay out you get to choose a new hairdressers car.
    FTFY

Sorry AtW, couldn't resist
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Write off
    It least you weren't written off. Though it will be hard to tell. I suppose if in a months time there are loads of squirrels dying from starvation in Bham that would be a clue.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.