• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pet Insurance - How much do you all pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Just make sure it doesn't get beaten up by a Brexiteer en route.
    You shouldn't fear brexiters, we are all loveable softies really.

Comment

Gordon Bennett - does a thread on pet insurance really have to get onto Brexit? Some of you people need counselling.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Gordon Bennett - does a thread on pet insurance really have to get onto Brexit? Some of you people need counselling.
        All threads lead to Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          All threads lead to Brexit.
          Via Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Via Muslims.
            And a fat blokes dog.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              What do those people on the forum who have real pets(ie. Dogs) actually pay?
              £366
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Nothing, don't have a pet. Sorted
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

About £400 a year for a 7 year old spaniel.
                  Inbreds (sorry, "pedigrees") tend to cost more due to the way they are bred, meaning that genetic defects tend to be more common.
                  You can save money by having the dog spayed/neutered, in males it tends to make them less aggressive, in females it reduces risks of complication from pregnancies, and it reduces the risk of more unloved dogs in the country.

We used to be with Tesco pet insurance, who were really good when she had to have an operation. Not sure who the current insurer is (might be John Lewis) - dog and house insurance are pink jobs.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pet Insurance for tame squirrels

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      So we've had a dog for two years, pedigree flat coat retreiver cost about 900 quid.

Insurance was 580 quid a year and has gone up to 685 quid per year even though we've never claimed.

It has something called 'Covered 4 Life' and seems to have everything, but the excess is 250 quid, so basically whenever the dog goes to the vets for something small, we've landed up having to pay, So that's 1200 quid down the swanny so far and they want almost 700 for the next year.

This seems rather excessive for a pet which if it cost 10,000's to have put right I'd rather chuck it in the canal.

What do those people on the forum who have real pets(ie. Dogs) actually pay?
                      I have a flattie as well - beautiful animals. No pet insurance though, I just pay what's required as and when. Then again, I only take out insurance for those items which I'm legally required to (e.g. car insurance) or where I couldn't bear the cost if the worst happened (such as house insurance). For everything else - phones, pets, washing machines, TVs etc., I bear the risk myself.

Downside to flatties is they do appear to have a high propensity to cancer - lost our first one this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X