• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaked Labour manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the BBC, the manifesto also "would introduce an "immediate emergency price cap" of £1,000 a year."

I think that might make me better off! Subsidies for the rich!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Noam Chomsky has said he would vote for Jeremy Corbyn if he could.
      Noam Chomsky says he would vote for Jeremy Corbyn if he were British | The Independent

Comment

Perhaps a reset to the early/mid 1990s would do the job? Fewer people, less strain on services and relatively reasonable housing costs (which is the main problem with the UK today).

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Sorry but no, the Labour party has until recently been extremely centrist. Firstly, Corbyn himself is quite left wing but certainly not extreme. Secondly, the policies are less left-wing than Corbyn is himself. ...
          Blah, blah, blah

Has it occurred to you, in seeking to champion the underdog as always, that even Corbyn isn't dumb enough to show his true colours with complete candour? (although they're pretty obvious to most of us who are not entirely deluded)

He is desperately trying to sound reasonable and plausible, and has obviously fooled you. But if by some ghastly mischance he was ever elected, we'd soon find out just how left-wing he is!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"Reserve 4,000 homes for rough sleepers" - from the BBC's summary

Might be worth sleeping rough for a few nights to get a place to live provided by the state. In the summer, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Sorry but no, the Labour party has until recently been extremely centrist. Firstly, Corbyn himself is quite left wing but certainly not extreme. Secondly, the policies are less left-wing than Corbyn is himself.
              To claim Corbyn is centrist within the Labour party is the opposite of the truth. The PLP is firmly centrist and Corbyn is left-wing by comparison with the PLP.

Just because you don't like left-wing political views doesn't make them more left-wing. Neither do we need to claim they are extremist views to discredit them. That's what the leftist campaigners are doing but in reverse... talking about "lurching towards the far right". It's equally ludicrous. Both are main parties are still centrist, they're simply slightly less bang-on central now.
              You totally missed my point . He is central within the Labour bureaucracy. He is on the far left of the party's loose collection of ideologues, as I stated before. The only reason the Labour manifesto isn't an ode to Das Kapital is the checks and balances within their internal policy making process (i.e. the Clause V process that is happening today). Let's be clear, Corbyn and McDonnell are extremists in every sense of that word (you might take your own advice on history lessons ), but they are diluted by some of Labour's internal processes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                The only reason the Labour manifesto isn't an ode to Das Kapital is the checks and balances within their internal policy making process (i.e. the Clause V process that is happening today).
                Are we to expect Mein Kampf from May & co?
                All their ferocity is turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

'ave it

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Are we to expect Mein Kampf from May & co?
                    All their ferocity is turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals.
                    The Tory policy process is top down. I prefer the Labour process, but it doesn't change the reality of their leadership. May is an oddity in that she moots/advocates policies that extend from the far right (naming and shaming employers of foreign workers) to the far left (low-level meddling in corporate affairs and pricing). As I've said before, she's a very weird hybrid, i.e. shamelessly seeking to maximise her vote . I dare say her own beliefs flow seamlessly from those of Nick Timothy, who's a well-known social reformist (in the Chamberlain mould), and I think many will be surprised at how un-Tory she turns out to be, set loose from the shackles of Hamface.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      I think many will be surprised at how un-Tory she turns out to be
                      She will ensure that Tory Scum party is out of power for a few decades

Comment

Working...
                      X