Strong & Stable or Out of depth Strong & Stable or Out of depth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,380

    Default Strong & Stable or Out of depth

    Voters think May is 'determined' and Corbyn 'out of depth' | Daily Mail Online

    Determined May, out-of-depth Corbyn, smug Sturgeon and WEIRD Farron: Exclusive poll for MailOnline lays bare public attitudes to the leaders vying for our votes on June 8
    Populus poll asked what descriptions voters would use for main party leaders
    Theresa May was widely viewed as 'determined' and 'standing up for Britain'
    Jeremy Corbyn was most often called 'weak' 'out of his depth' and 'indecisive'
    SNP's Nicola Sturgeon was 'determined' but also rated highly for 'smug'
    Lib Dem leader Tim Farron was most likely of leaders to be called 'weird'


    or



    or

    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    It seems it's Corbyn that is the only thing stopping Labour doing well in and maybe even winning the election.

    I wonder if there's still time for Corbyn to come over all peculiar (not a euphemism for Dianne Abbott ) step down and Labour to wheel out David Miliband for a surprise election result.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    It seems it's Corbyn that is the only thing stopping Labour doing well in and maybe even winning the election.

    I wonder if there's still time for Corbyn to come over all peculiar (not a euphemism for Dianne Abbott ) step down and Labour to wheel out David Miliband for a surprise election result.
    One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.

    They do have other MPs who they could roll out and do fine as they don't have such militant backgrounds.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #4

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.

    They do have other MPs who they could roll out and do fine as they don't have such militant backgrounds.
    Tony Blair?

  5. #5

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Tony Blair?
    Very luckily he's not an MP either.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  6. #6

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Very luckily he's not an MP either.
    So are you going to name one or shall we just carry on guessing?

  7. #7

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.
    They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

    I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

    However I bet after Corbyn loses catastrophically he'll still refuse to go.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  8. #8

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    However I bet after Corbyn loses catastrophically he'll still refuse to go.
    Indeed. The question is which party will take over as main opposition based on number of seats. I reckon it could be SNP.

  9. #9

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

    I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

    However I bet after Corbyn loses catastrophically he'll still refuse to go.
    It was written in some paper two weeks ago that.

    He will only going immediately if there is another hard left Labour leader in the wings , otherwise he will wait until the Labour party conference where a change in the Constitution means they can always get a hard left leader....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    If Brexit goes wrong people won't care if Labour are hard left, they'll simply vote for them just to punish the government.

    A hard left Britain outside the EU could be an interesting prospect from an academic political science point of view

    I'm alright Jack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •