• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has there been a more incompetent party leader than Teresa May?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    David Cameron.

2010 was the last time I really felt motivated to vote because I felt that Brown had to go.

I can remember driving up to Didcot listening to his speech at the Conservative Party manifesto launch where he was talking about his plans for a Big Society & I had to pull off the M4 and listen to what he was saying as it sounded so groundbreaking. I really thought, yes - this is a man with vision that I can vote for.

I never heard the "Big Society" soundbite again once he got into power.

A complete con artist.
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Did you vote Brexit?
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Yes but I was a waverer.

I've always recognised the democratic deficit inherent with the present structure and the need for reform; something that did not seem to be forthcoming from Cameron's efforts at renegotiating our terms of membership.

Would probably vote the other way now though. So, yes, a Bregretter with buyer's remorse
    Are you going to vote Tory this time?

Comment

Are you going to vote Tory this time?
      No, I'm voting Lib Dem.

They're very good on a local level round here and there are a couple of policies they've outlined in their manifesto that appeal.

Comment

May has lost votes rather than Corbyn winning votes. If Labour had a better leadership team (I mean, come on, Abbot and Corbyn FFS!!!) they would be in the lead easily now in the polls. But then, if Labour had a strong leadership team May/Tories wouldn't have called the election to try and destroy the Labour party.

May's gamble has backfired big time. A gamble that could have big implications to the country during Brexit.

Lib dems are the same - 48% of the voting public rejected Brexit. Initially the LDs said they would offer a 2nd vote or reverse Brexit if they won. They could have offered the 48% someone to vote for and could have made big gains. Now though they've gone to the view of ... "the people have spoken, we will honour the vote". FFS, this one statement has given the 48% no reason to vote for them. I dislike Farron but would have voted for him purely for the initial Brexit stance. I have now changed my mind.

I've been a lifelong Tory voter, but this time it's it's the Greens for me as none of the main parties are appealing.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          May has lost votes rather than Corbyn winning votes. If Labour had a better leadership team (I mean, come on, Abbot and Corbyn FFS!!!) they would be in the lead easily now in the polls. But then, if Labour had a strong leadership team May/Tories wouldn't have called the election to try and destroy the Labour party.

May's gamble has backfired big time. A gamble that could have big implications to the country during Brexit.

Lib dems are the same - 48% of the voting public rejected Brexit. Initially the LDs said they would offer a 2nd vote or reverse Brexit if they won. They could have offered the 48% someone to vote for and could have made big gains. Now though they've gone to the view of ... "the people have spoken, we will honour the vote". FFS, this one statement has given the 48% no reason to vote for them. I dislike Farron but would have voted for him purely for the initial Brexit stance. I have now changed my mind.

I've been a lifelong Tory voter, but this time it's it's the Greens for me as none of the main parties are appealing.
          Abbott is a disaster but I'm surprised how well Corbyn is performing.

Comment

Abbott is a disaster but I'm surprised how well Corbyn is performing.
            Problem is Abbot is part of the leadership team so vote Corbyn, get the racist, hate filled Abbot. And despite this the Tory's are losing voters. Be interesting if May can even hold on to the Tory leadership after this fiasco.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Problem is Abbot is part of the leadership team so vote Corbyn, get the racist, hate filled Abbot. And despite this the Tory's are losing voters. Be interesting if May can even hold on to the Tory leadership after this fiasco.
              Could have Boris in charge yet.

Had a Tory knock on the door last night and ask if I was going to vote for them/her (MP is a her). I said no, but wasn't sure who I was going to vote for and he said "anybody but the blues eh?" - like he'd heard that 50 times that evening already.

I wish one or other of the Labour or LibDem candidates would step aside; don't really mind which. It's hard to know who has the greatest chance; Tory MP won with 53% last time so it could well turn out she gets <50% but still wins due to anti-tory voters splitting between the two. Stupid voting system.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

And despite all this we know it will be a Tory or Labour government. How stupid are the UK population?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And despite all this we know it will be a Tory or Labour government. How stupid are the UK population?
                  52% very stupid indeed.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's a choice isn't it.

Vote May and get etc. etc. Abbott probably isn't prominent enough to cause too much damage.

Comment

Religion is the source of all misery

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politi...-inspired-her/
                      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                      X