• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else is buying British and avoiding EU goods where possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Why not ask the friend with the lifetime tailoring experience to fit your suit, as opposed to his father?
    Doh, poor punctuation on my part.
    It's a she and not a he as well
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 3 June 2017, 08:31.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Anyway this patriotism lark doesn't work.
      British Leyland was kept afloat too long by doddery old fools like earlier versions of Dim (such as my dad) buying their crap because it was "patriotic".
      I buy the best, and seriously I can't think of anything British that is best.
      So fook British manufacturers, they need to shape up or ship out.

HTH. Next.
      British Gin is the best in the world.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Well, I for one find most British products, especially food, clothes and drinks wonderful.

Here's a few of my favourites.

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/50-british-brands/
        Looks good, but sadly I don't have room for many stuffed lions!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Looks good, but sadly I don't have room for many stuffed lions!
          I'm always tripping over the damn things!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Here he is, the British hating sausage sucker from north rhine westphalia.....
            It amazes me how stupid the British people have become, must be something in the water supply owned by foreign companies, a conspiracy I say

BTW, how can you be British yet come from 'north rhine westphalia'? Also, Darmstadt is in Hessen although as someone who has no knowledge of the world outside of the little island, its to be expected. Explains the Leave vote....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Even Gieves and Hawkes is foreign owned

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

EVERYTHING is foreign owned.

It's about buying products that are made in the UK, which supports people working in the UK.

It's not really that hard is it? But then again, this is the IT mentality, hence why is has gone offshore....

Comment

I always imagine someone who buys British as someone who drives around in an Austin Princess.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    It amazes me how stupid the British people have become, must be something in the water supply owned by foreign companies, a conspiracy I say

BTW, how can you be British yet come from 'north rhine westphalia'? Also, Darmstadt is in Hessen although as someone who has no knowledge of the world outside of the little island, its to be expected. Explains the Leave vote....
                    Stupid it's too strong but closed-minded yes.

Comment

Rolls-Royce cars are built by BMW, Bentleys are built by VW, Landrovers and Jaguar are built by Ford. The only truly British car on the road is the Austin Princess, built by British Leyland.

If you buy British you're not really buying British at all you're probably propping up the German economy.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X