• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else is buying British and avoiding EU goods where possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you buying only British food? Drinking only British wine and fizz? Buying your electricity from a British-owned power company?
    Be fair. They are buying non-EU food, wine (easy one this one) and electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Be fair. They are buying non-EU food, wine (easy one this one) and electricity.
      So they aren't actually interested in supporting the British economy, all they want to do is to see others fail.

If they were interested in supporting Britain, then they wouldn't be so hypocritical.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Are you buying only British food? Drinking only British wine and fizz? Buying your electricity from a British-owned power company?
        Buying British food where I can, I drink Chilean wines mostly, and power from British Gas, which is owned by Centrica, a British company.

Where possible I'd like my money to stay in the UK, not line the pockets of non-UK workers.

Comment

British beef farmers that are subsidised by Europe - Superb logic

Comment

Actually if you do truly buy British, you should be buying weapons, guided missiles and anti-depressants, because that's what the British make, and of course life insurance where your money is poured down the drain.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Feck me, it's 1968 all over again again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Backing_Britain
              I did get a sense of deja vu when I saw this thread, but it must have been a much later campaign than that for me to remember it seeing as I wasn't even born then.

Buy British campaigns | Economics Help

Difference now is that loads of 'British' companies are foreign owned, like all the major football teams (foreign owned, foreign manager, foreign players ). Are their fans going to boycott matches? Thought not.

If it means having to buy 'artisan' tulipe with a massive markup to pay for the owner's beard oil, latest tattoo and a day-glow orange tan for their burd they can shove their campaign. Those are getting nowt out of me.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Where do we stand on UK made products for foreign owned companies, are we allowed to buy those
                Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

This thread is a classic demonstration of the fuckwittery of Brexiters.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Actually if you do truly buy British, you should be buying weapons, guided missiles and anti-depressants, because that's what the British make, and of course life insurance where your money is poured down the drain.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I blame Labour.
                      Didn't you say you'd be voting Labour this time?

What a hypocrite - Talk about pulling the ladder up behind you!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X