• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to declare State of Emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm sure what you post makes sense when you type it, but I have no idea what it means when I read it.

If my post was too subtle for you, I'll rephrase - there have been terror attacks committed by middle class people in the UK within living memory. To suggest otherwise implies either ignorance or someone quite young.
    This bloke sounds quite middle class...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...mb-tube-train/
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      This bloke sounds quite middle class...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...mb-tube-train/
      Probably not white enough for the OriginalNF.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Good point.

In my head a terror attack is an attack on our way of life as part of a larger political organisation who are committed to disrupting our way of life.

Your argument almost means that anytime anyone has a fight on the street and pulls a knife they can be seen as a terrorist.

Which may be correct but in my head it is not because there is no further political agenda.
        Does this meet your definition?

Comment

Well there you go then.

Create a police state where no one has any freedoms.

That'll solve the problem.

Comment

Well there you go then.

Create a police state where no one has any freedoms.

That'll solve the problem.
            How do you create a police state when you cut the number of police?

Comment

Deputise the citizens.

We've already got Neighbourhood Watch.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Yes but the point is we know where the terrorist come from, we know in general what they dress like and we know in general where they will go to congregate - so referencing the Vagrancy Act 1824 is possibly legitimate.

I know that it is a very small minority who are committing the terrorist attacks but if that community will not call them out - and by that I do not mean call a terrorist hotline I mean make a citizens arrest and ensure they are passed to police custody.

Also sadly the UK police is hampered by a ridiculous level of 'politic scheming' so it would not surprise me to find things overlooked and blamed on 'the reduction in police budgets' when it is fook all to do with it.
                But with both the Manchester attack, and the London attack, the Muslim community did call out the attackers and the authorities did naff all about them. Seems the issue with both these attacks wasn't lack of police on the beat, but a lack of desire to follow up on warnings from the general public.

We always seem to have enough police to man mobile speed traps though. Maybe the police forces should stop playing politics and put the resources into stopping terrorism rather than catching speeding motorists!
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

DDR
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well according to YOU it would have been a high enough priority to alert your local Bobby to it had he been passing.

Make your mind up.
                    Which scenario is more likely to produce positive results:

Scenario A: The concern citizen meets the plod on their way to the store and spares one minute to point out to him some suspicions packaging couple of 100's yards down the road, then the plod checks them out as his route already passes nearby.

Scenario B: The concern citizen calls 999 spends several minutes describing the issue and identifying himself. The call is logged as low priority, several days later someone eventually gets to the spot only to see nothing as the packaging is already at the landfill.

Scenario C: The concern citizen calls 999 spends several minutes describing the issue and identifying himself, only to be told off for wasting emergency number resources with rubbish calls.

The problem is it wasn't just police numbers being cut but the budget as a whole, I would understand cutting the numbers of beat officers to focus the funds towards cyber crime, surveillance and other modern methods of policing, but that's not what happend is it.

What is the point in spending billions on Aircraft carriers to be used for what? While cutting the funding that can help where it actually counts - the war on our streets, knife attacks, moped gangs and terrorists that have actual impact on the population.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      But with both the Manchester attack, and the London attack, the Muslim community did call out the attackers and the authorities did naff all about them. Seems the issue with both these attacks wasn't lack of police on the beat, but a lack of desire to follow up on warnings from the general public.

We always seem to have enough police to man mobile speed traps though. Maybe the police forces should stop playing politics and put the resources into stopping terrorism rather than catching speeding motorists!
                      But I said 'and by that I do not mean call a terrorist hotline I mean make a citizens arrest and ensure they are passed to police custody.'

Comment

Working...
                      X