• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tim Ferriss slow carb diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    That is such an odd question I think you might be winding me up?
    To be fair if you have only seen elite distance runners, elite cyclists, body builders etc on the telly or your local club you don't realise that some people who do lots of sport look normal and are actually older than they look. Some of these people are even fairly gifted but can't be bothered to train at a higher level as they want a life.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      To be fair if you have only seen elite distance runners, elite cyclists, body builders etc on the telly or your local club you don't realise that some people who do lots of sport look normal and are actually older than they look. Some of these people are even fairly gifted but can't be bothered to train at a higher level as they want a life.
      I had a guy at work, another cyclist, expressing real surprise when I told him I was going to hit 50 next year. He really didn't believe me
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
        How can a man lose a beer belly but not lose weight off the face?

This is not possible as far as I know.

Once you are over 25...you have to accept the beer belly, or you will become haggered looking with a six pack trying to keep it totally flat.

Right?
        Fat tends to come off where it last went on, so if you have a belly on you but your not so overweight that you have a chubby neck and face you'll lose it off the belly without the face going gaunt.

Almost 50 and no beer belly here. I'm probably a stone over what I should be so there is a bit of flab around the middle and I certainly dont have a six pack, but there is no real noticeable belly as such. At least not when fully clothed anyway
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Yeah, I'm carrying a fair bit of fat, but I'm not that big. I should get my body fat % measured as my target isn't a particular weight. I've lost a stone over about 6 weeks though, doing a mix of cardio and weight machines and mostly strength training with the barbell the last 3 weeks.

I'll be happy to lose the majority of the beer belly and them look at increasing strength as a ongoing thing.
          Awesome, hope it goes well!

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          I didn't say any of the rest of your quotes
          DOH - I will edit it!!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
            I get it. You want to look good now you are reaching your prime. Nothing wrong with that. You've done the hard yards, now it's all gravy.

But if you're not careful your routine will age your face rapidly, leaving you looking like a 60 year old body builder.

What skin products do you use? Shaseido?
            *EDIT* - just looked this up and from what I've read the facial ageing is due to steroids and other drugs (HGH?). Don't touch these - I did manage to strain the muscles around my jaw from straining while lifting though. I don't use any fancy skin products but do moisturize at night. I also don't eat meat(do eat fish) , drink alcohol and have very little dairy.

I had to stop drinking a few years ago and still having a drinking belly annoys me now I don't/can't do it any more so I want it gone. If I'm living the healthy life now I flipping well want the body to go with it. But in early/mid 40s it's quite some work...
            Last edited by Jog On; 15 June 2017, 13:42. Reason: premature ageing = steroids/HGH
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I guess that is true.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Newbie gains are always quite dramatic. The long haul is the hard one. Best of luck with it.

Not sure why you are asking me that but where fat is gained and lost is genetically determined. It is probably possible to lose weight from the stomach and not the face but it would be pretty unusual.

Wrong. I am 40 and do not have a beer belly, nor do I look particularly haggered, as least IMHO

That is such an odd question I think you might be winding me up?
                I'm not taking the piss out of you. I just had this mental image of you as being a fat balding metal head with a goatie. A bit like Rab C Nesbitt if he had GCSEs. That's how you come across on the internet if I'm not mistaken. But now I realise I was in the wrong and i'd like to apologise. But don't take it literally, if possible.

Comment

I've lost 20kg the last six months and indeed, the fat comes off from everywhere. My watch strap is now quite loose. I'm pleased about that as the clasp was getting popped open occasionally before. Doesn't do that now. I have maybe around another 27 - 28kg to lose but it is going to take a long time.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    *EDIT* - just looked this up and from what I've read the facial ageing is due to steroids and other drugs (HGH?). Don't touch these - I did manage to strain the muscles around my jaw from straining while lifting though. I don't use any fancy skin products but do moisturize at night. I also don't eat meat(do eat fish) , drink alcohol and have very little dairy.

I had to stop drinking a few years ago and still having a drinking belly annoys me now I don't/can't do it any more so I want it gone. If I'm living the healthy life now I flipping well want the body to go with it. But in early/mid 40s it's quite some work...
                    Sounds like you are in self preservation mode.

You should look at the high end Jap cosmetics. Eye creme especially- baggy eyes are the giveaway. Drink plenty of water.

Stop using those tanning beds after the gym.

Stop blow drying your hair. Stop getting it dyed. Style it. Own those greys.

And of course, you've got to look at your wardrobe. You're going to have to throw those trainers away. Think Wham. Pedalos. Chinos. Cashmere sweaters with the sleeve casually pulled back mid-wrist to show off your metal.

And lastly, switch to a vaporiser. Those joints are making you look jaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      I've lost 20kg the last six months and indeed, the fat comes off from everywhere. My watch strap is now quite loose. I'm pleased about that as the clasp was getting popped open occasionally before. Doesn't do that now. I have maybe around another 27 - 28kg to lose but it is going to take a long time.
                      Wow- great effort. How have you worked out your goal weight?
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X