• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poles versus Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Bollux. The firm that didn't show up is top end and expensive.
    I don't do cheap, I don't do cash in hand, having being stung before.
    It's local laziness and entitlement, pure and simple.
    I would be more inclined to believe you if you didn't post tulipe all the time.

Perhaps get your butler to do the hiring next time.

Comment

Tradesmen find working in people's homes stressful. They would rather take a lower paid job if the gaffer sounds reasonable.

The OP has shown a lack of common sense in his hiring techniques.

I respectfully suggest the OP comes from the strong and stable "out of the way, daddy will pay" environ, what what sassy.

Comment

Typical extrapolation from an individual event. Obvious some have never done statistics. I may as well say EU workers are all crap because my Portuguese window cleaner damaged my fence.

In general I've always found that established small local companies are not just cheaper but more reliable, especially if it's someone you know. They won't keep going for several years servicing mainly locals if they have a bad reputation.

Chap up the road did a brill job on my guttering and soffits, he's done other good jobs for us too. The old chap over the road built my house, you'd need an H bomb to damage the walls. Only crap car repairs I've ever experienced were by main dealers. Only crap accountants I ever had were well known companies.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 6 July 2017, 10:25.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Exactly. It's a bit like Indian doctors who relative to wages at home are millionaires for a year's work. Who can blame them for coming here and working hard?
          One of my Indian friend's father had a knee op identical to the one I had. His recovery was much better. When I need a knee op again I might become a health tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Typical extrapolation from an individual event. Obvious some have never done statistics.

I may as well say EU workers are all crap because my Portuguese window cleaner damaged my fence.
            Anecdotal evidence is perfectly valid on CUK.

Comment

Typical extrapolation from an individual event. Obvious some have never done statistics.

I may as well say EU workers are all crap because my Portuguese window cleaner damaged my fence.
              Well there's your problem.

Why did you hire a window cleaner to clean your fence?

Comment

Maybe they tried to clean the windows of an expat in Portugal who was completely cretinous and is now taking revenge?

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                  Next time, either get your wife to speak on the phone.. Or don't use your business voice, use your beggy whinney voice. You know, the one you use when you've had a couple of wines and the wife has got a short skirt on.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                    Tradesmen find working in people's homes stressful. They would rather take a lower paid job if the gaffer sounds reasonable.

The OP has shown a lack of common sense in his hiring techniques.

I respectfully suggest the OP comes from the strong and stable "out of the way, daddy will pay" environ, what what sassy.
                    Just leave a few pairs of your wives knickers in easy places to find so they do not have to spend too much time looking for them.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Just leave a few pairs of your wives knickers in easy places to find so they do not have to spend too much time looking for them.....
                      they are already servicing her so they can collect them at source.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X