• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State Pension Age Finally Goes Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Pension Age Finally Goes Up

The announcement I've been waiting for for 3 years has been made - linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The announcement I've been waiting for for 3 years has been made - linky
    You can add another 10 years to that by the time I get there; if it exists at all by then.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      You can add another 10 years to that by the time I get there; if it exists at all by then.
      If you were born in the 80s it will go up one year around the time you are in your late 30s-early 40s, and so on.

The government of the day has to ensure they raise the pension age before each cohort reaches 50 to avoid the backlash they have experienced fecking around with the women's pension age and not making it very public.

Comment

If you were born in the 80s it will go up one year around the time you are in your late 30s-early 40s, and so on.

The government of the day has to ensure they raise the pension age before each cohort reaches 50 to avoid the backlash they have experienced fecking around with the women's pension age and not making it very public.
        I was born in the 70's

Comment

Basic common sense. Not supported by Labour naturally.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            I was born in the 70's
            Then just top up your private pension as there won't be the pensioner benefits when you retire.

Comment

Then just top up your private pension as there won't be the pensioner benefits when you retire.
              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Basic common sense. Not supported by Labour naturally.
                It's bollocks as Nu Labour were the ones driving the increase to 67.

Corbyn and co - oddly Corbyn should be retired - are just trying to get votes from manual workers.

Comment

It's bollocks as Nu Labour were the ones driving the increase to 67.

Corbyn and co - oddly Corbyn should be retired - are just trying to get votes from manual workers.
                  It's all bollocks.

Meanwhile triple lock kept in place and winter fuel given to those who don't need it.

Round my way, the town is awash with rich boomers antiquing.

Comment

If you're contracting and see yourself dependent on a state pension... get out. Get out now and find a permie job.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X