• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All diesel and petrol car sales to be banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    2040 is just a ban on new petrol/diesel car sales isn't it? By the time all such cars have left the road I doubt very much I'll be driving. Even assuming I'm still alive by then I'll probably just be dribbling in the corner...

So do I give a fook...? No, I'll just enjoy ripping up lanes like a good petrol-head in the meantime
    Well, quite. My license runs out in 2039 (when I reach 70) and even if I'm still alive, I plan to be in no fit state to drive anything anywhere. The next wheels will be V8 powered, and fook the Green Party. Both of them...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Diesel isn't flammable, without heat & pressure.
      Technically it's heat, rather than pressure - although one does cause the other - increased pressure generates heat.

But enough heat will ignite diesel at atmospheric pressures.

Throw a lit match into diesel, it'll probably extinguish the match.

But throw diesel onto an already hot fire - that's a different matter....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Well, quite. My license runs out in 2039 (when I reach 70) and even if I'm still alive, I plan to be in no fit state to drive anything anywhere. The next wheels will be V8 powered, and fook the Green Party. Both of them...
        You better look again!

The photo-card driving licence needs to be renewed every 10 years.
        After 70, it needs renewing every three years.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Maybe all new electric cars will actually be like dodgems with a big **** off grid over the world:

I'm pretty sure no-one has really worked this one out properly. How many power stations need to be built and what type of fuel and how much is needed and so on. Green ****ers, just **** right off you bearded sandal wearing twats
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            Don't worry you can buy a new petrol car in 2039 and keep that for 10 years. You won't need to go electric until 2050.

.... of course, you will find it increasingly hard to fill up your old-fashioned petrol motor because all the petrol stations will have closed.
            I'll be eating through a straw by then, so I couldn't give a tulip...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              You better look again!

The photo-card driving licence needs to be renewed every 10 years.
              After 70, it needs renewing every three years.
              Tulip, when did that change come in? I'm guessing if I don't know the answer to that, I may be about to incriminate myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Tulip, when did that change come in? I'm guessing if I don't know the answer to that, I may be about to incriminate myself...
                Indeed. Thank f**k I moved house in 2013....

Comment

Can't see how this can ever work unless there's some amazing new advancement in batteries. Takes about a minute to fill a tank, at least half an hour to charge an electric car to 80% capacity with a fast charger, 6+ hours on a home charger. There's often 3 or more cars to a household. How can they possibly charge all the cars that are parked on the streets?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe this:

bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Or we all have to eat lots of Brussel sprouts and drive fart powered cars.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X