• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fun and games #844

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any dents? If not £600 is a joke... it's probably the dealership taking the piss out of an old git though.

I badly scratched the front valance on my then brand new SL and had the lot done by mercedes smart repairs for 300. I have also used chipsaway in the past on lesser cars and they would do that work for even less than the body shop...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Most neighbours are f**kers. And the richer, the worse it gets. Surrey is the worst....
      That's where sasguru lives isn't it?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Instead of paying your neighbour, why not give £350 to the NHS?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Instead of paying your neighbour, why not give £350 to the NHS?
          it was a Honda not a Bus.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            it was a Honda not a Bus.
            Maybe Mrs rl4 was driving a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Any dents? If not £600 is a joke... it's probably the dealership taking the piss out of an old git though.
              I'd describe it as a deep gouge; it's scratched through to the metal, but it's a clean scrape, no dents.

UPDATE: The "affected" party has agreed to visit our preferred repair shop to talk to them directly, but still maintains " If he's not 100% happy he'll be insisting on a main dealer repair "

I'm off for the bank holiday so it can wait till we get back, more important things in life to worry about than a fooking car.
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                I'd describe it as a deep gouge; it's scratched through to the metal, but it's a clean scrape, no dents.
                Did your repairer see the car, or have they just quoted you based on your opinion?

UPDATE: The "affected" party has agreed to visit our preferred repair shop to talk to them directly, but still maintains " If he's not 100% happy he'll be insisting on a main dealer repair "

I'm off for the bank holiday so it can wait till we get back, more important things in life to worry about than a fooking car.
                I wonder what your attitude would be if it was the other way around, would you roll over and accept an arrogant person belittling you? Somehow I doubt it.

Comment

That's right. That's why you are making things as difficult as possible over a few hundred quid. Way to go.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A week or so ago, Mrs. rl4 accidentally scraped a neighbours car
                    Just be thankful she caused only £650-worth of damage. Next time, it might be more....

Comment

I'm with NLUK on this and I'm finding it really hard to see any other point of view. You smash up an expensive asset of theirs and expect them to bend to YOUR will - that's not right. They're doing YOU a favour by accepting a cash / no insurance job - not the other way around. Just pay the bloody money and don't reverse into someones car.

I reversed into a girls car a few years back - a tulipbox Corsa. Got out, apologised, looked at the damage and she said "Oh, that bumper was already broken - I keep meaning to get it fixed". I said "Oh, just get the lot done and let me know how much it is". THAT'S good will - not telling them to get it fixed at your mates and putting an arbitrary value on it.

By the way - all this bollocks about no claims discounts and affecting his insurance. This is only because insurance companies try their hardest to be difficult and especially love palming you off on sketchy claims management companies. Here's the trick: Deal ONLY with the insurance companies directly and, wherever possible, directly with the other insurers. This is hard work and faffy and will delay your claim but the end result is no drama with no claims or indeed any claims. It's merely a reported non-fault accident. OP, it's your wifes fault and will be a fault claim on your insurance. If he will not be making a claim on his insurance.
                      Last edited by vwdan; 23 August 2017, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X