Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!) Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 25

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!)

OK, something controversial, but given the wet dreams everyone was having on social media between the 2am showing and when I watched it at 9pm am I the only one who thought the finale to S7 was a let down?

Yes a lot was built up in preparation for season 8, but most of season 7 was preparing for something else, when the story split for GRRM writing I think it really showed with the pacing problems.

Yes the Night King riding the Ice Dragon as it destroyed the wall was impressive, yes there was a collective fist bump when Littlefinger got fingered, but that was so predictable it was taken as read that it was going to happen and there was a hell yes when Theon was kicked in the kanackers as he decided to save his sister but for an episode that long (think the run time was the same as a crap movie) and that hyped it left me a bit empty

Things that annoyed me:

• Cersei bemoaning Dany for using a foreign army when she in turns will use one herself
    • What was the Night Kings plan for taking down the wall before the dragon
    • Bran, just Bran, everything about him is just pointless
    • If Emily Clarke is gonna get her kit off (while getting Kit off) at least make it watchable for the blokes who have to stare at his perfectly formed arse
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Watched it streamed in Welsh on the internet. Apparently it had been leeked....

Old Greg is my bitch

administrator - scorchio!

Yeah bit of an anti climax really. Apart from the bastard who is not a bastard getting jiggy with his sister and the potential ramifications from that. They are like the Lannisters all over again, interesting twist. I did not think Little Finger was going to be offed!

Ice King vs Wall - without the dragon he would still have got in, he has a good few giants and they nearly got the Wildlings in a couple of seasons ago. So the dragon just made it easier I think.

Did they say no GoT until 2019? Oh dear

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Yeah bit of an anti climax really. Apart from the bastard who is not a bastard getting jiggy with his sister and the potential ramifications from that. They are like the Lannisters all over again, interesting twist. I did not think Little Finger was going to be offed!

Ice King vs Wall - without the dragon he would still have got in, he has a good few giants and they nearly got the Wildlings in a couple of seasons ago. So the dragon just made it easier I think.

Did they say no GoT until 2019? Oh dear
    I read on either newsthump or daily mash that she's his aunt? The dad does look a lot like the brother that got a load of molten gold poured all over his head.

Re 2019 - maybe they need to fix the hacking/leaking problem, I heard 2018 - have they pushed it out?

Shirley we'll see a spinoff between now and then? I heard there was at least one in the pipeline.
    Because feelings...

Fingers like lightning

FrontEnder is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    I read on either newsthump or daily mash that she's his aunt? The dad does look a lot like the brother that got a load of molten gold poured all over his head.

Re 2019 - maybe they need to fix the hacking/leaking problem, I heard 2018 - have they pushed it out?

Shirley we'll see a spinoff between now and then? I heard there was at least one in the pipeline.
    We've known she was his aunt since season 6 when Bran finds out he's Rhaegar and Lianna's son, Ned's b'stard.

The season finale is often a bit of an anti climax. The general pattern is the big even/battle takes place 1 o 2 episodes before the end and after that it's tying up loose ends and setting it up for the next series. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Contractor Among Contractors

saptastic 's job has never been outsourced

The whole season has been great - I did think Cersei would try to kill everyone when they had their 'meet' so a bit disappointed in her ruthlessness.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    The whole season has been great - I did think Cersei would try to kill everyone when they had their 'meet' so a bit disappointed in her ruthlessness.
    She would have had all the unsullied/dothrakie/dragons to deal with if she had
    Because feelings...

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Watched it streamed in Welsh on the internet. Apparently it had been llychedd....
    FTFY
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    O am I the only one who thought the finale to S7 was a let down?
    No, you're not the only one.

It's definitely lost its "je ne sais quoi" part of that being, IMO, a distinct lack of the scheming and undercurrents that were part of the intrigue.

Predictable quasi-dramatic events. I don't feel that S7 moved us very far forward.

I'll watch S8 to see it to the end, but not with the eager anticipation I had approaching S7.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

My theory for Series 8 is that Cersei's baby is not actually Jamie's but is that of the "Mountain".

And when it is born it will be so horribly disfigured and oddly shaped that giving birth will kill her off.

Much the same way as her mother was offed when Tyrian came along.

And Tyrian will be there to watch this unfold as he will, by that stage, have become fed up watching Jon Snow doynking his Auntie.

But that is just MY theory.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”