Talking about a chip on the shoulder Talking about a chip on the shoulder - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 35 of 35

Super poster

Gibbon is NOT a disguised employee

An interesting article from a few years back, we may have 'rescued' them from tyranny, but then enriched ourselves and accelerated the industrial revolution at their expense.

Bengals plunder gifted the British Industrial Revolution
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Expect someone's said it already, can't be ar*ed to look, but this is not racism, just basic psychology. Main features take precedence over minor. Whites look the same to other ethnics too.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-look-alike-me
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Expect someone's said it already, can't be ar*ed to look, but this is not racism, just basic psychology. Main features take precedence over minor. Whites look the same to other ethnics too.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-look-alike-me
    Yeah I did.

I used the Chinese as my example.

If you grow up in a city then people who make comments like that are seen as simply racist.

It would be politer to either keep your mouth shut or engage in conversation like "I'm sure I've seen you on the telly" etc to find out who the person is.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Must go tell my Chinese mates who find people ignore the fact they are a minority and who also suffer both overt and covert racial abuse like this.
    Funny that. I've been married to a Chinese woman for over 27 years so I spend quite a lot of time with Chinese and S.E. Asians. It's generally agreed among them that it can be quite difficult for westerners to tell them apart, especially initially. It's an annoyance, but it's not usually attributed to racism - sometimes laziness and/or ignorance.

For that, there's shopkeepers who overlook and serve the person behind, or address the western-looking person in the party, or greet white people cheerfully, but barely say hello to non-whites, or assume that they're either refugees or gold-digging/bought wives, or told to go home, or the whole "slitty-eyes" thing etc. etc.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Funny that. I've been married to a Chinese woman for over 27 years so I spend quite a lot of time with Chinese and S.E. Asians. It's generally agreed among them that it can be quite difficult for westerners to tell them apart, especially initially. It's an annoyance, but it's not usually attributed to racism - sometimes laziness and/or ignorance.

For that, there's shopkeepers who overlook and serve the person behind, or address the western-looking person in the party, or greet white people cheerfully, but barely say hello to non-whites, or assume that they're either refugees or gold-digging/bought wives, or told to go home, or the whole "slitty-eyes" thing etc. etc.
    It must be bad enough being seen in public with you.
    Where there's muck there's brass.