• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion On The London Underground

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excon View Post
    How do you prepare for your body being eviscerated? Or your loved ones not coming home at night? Instead of preparing for such eventualities and accepting it is part and parcel of life maybe someone could attempt to actually do something to stop it happening?
    You are the person who brought up accepting terrorism, nobody else. Just as you accept the rape and murder of Rohingya women.

Terrorism should not be accepted, but it should be prepared for, so that a swift and effective response can be launched, to deal with the aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, that's right: they prepare for the fact that people will try to launch terrorist attacks. That's how you stop it happening, you see: by preparing for the eventuality

Tell me, if Mr Khan had been white Mr Smith, would you be picking up on that thing he said and trying to misrepresent it so drastically? I rather suspect not.
      Have you ever heard of root cause analysis? Instead of "accepting eventualities" maybe we could explore actually fixing the issue? I refuse to accept we need to live with this.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        You are the person who brought up accepting terrorism, nobody else. Just as you accept the rape and murder of Rohingya women.

Terrorism should not be accepted, but it should be prepared for, so that a swift and effective response can be launched, to deal with the aftermath.
        If you accept this then your little different than an animal going to a slaughter house, maybe you should be a little less accepting of your potential murder for no good reason.

Comment

Have you ever heard of root cause analysis? Instead of "accepting eventualities" maybe we could explore actually fixing the issue? I refuse to accept we need to live with this.
          Nobody talked about accepting terrorism except you. Sadiq Khan's point is about preparation. So your ramblings are irrelevant, but presumably motivated by your far-right hatred of Muslims and a consequent desire to smear Sadiq Khan.

Comment

How do you prepare for your body being eviscerated? Or your loved ones not coming home at night? Instead of preparing for such eventualities and accepting it is part and parcel of life maybe someone could attempt to actually do something to stop it happening?

Make sure they know all your passwords and where you have buried the loot.

Comment

By not panicking because a bucket of chemicals caught fire next to you, thinking it's a terrorist bomb attack and trample 50 people on your way out, like it happened here...

By learning basic first aid so you can help others during a crisis, while waiting for the ambulances.

By taking a life insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                By not panicking because a bucket of chemicals caught fire next to you, thinking it's a terrorist bomb attack and trample 50 people on your way out, like it happened here...

By learning basic first aid so you can help others during a crisis, while waiting for the ambulances.

By taking a life insurance.
                Yeah, 'cos there's loads of people carrying around inflammable buckets of chemicals that could combust at any moment.

Comment

Nobody said what you're arguing against.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Nobody said what you're arguing against.
                    He's just another cocksniffer, Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Nobody talked about accepting terrorism except you. Sadiq Khan's point is about preparation. So your ramblings are irrelevant, but presumably motivated by your far-right hatred of Muslims and a consequent desire to smear Sadiq Khan.
                      I don't hate Muslims or Sadiq Khan. I simply believe that if people who have decided for whatever reason, possibly because I'm white or not a Muslim that I deserve to die then I really shouldn't have to put up with that. I don't want to have to be vigilant or on my guard, I really don't see why I should have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X