Phil Hammond's Tax on Age Phil Hammond's Tax on Age - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 42

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So the new Plan is to come up with something else to target his own core vote.

Not saying that I disagree with the morality of the idea, but it is hardly likely to ingratiate him to the blue rinse brigade.

The horns of a dilemma and no mistake. Shame really.
    Think of it as "pissing off people who are likely to vote for you, in an attempt to gain votes from people who will never vote for you in a million years". It's Spreadsh!t Phil in a fooking nutshell, is what it is. Poor fecker, at least he's got a good pension...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Think of it as the Brexit bill.
    aren't we paying enough putting up with you RemainBores?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Think of it as the Brexit bill.
    Nope completely wrong.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Still gathering requirements...

poorautojobber is good enough for Jehovah!

conservatives are determined to lose their core vote. **** the young they'll be like us one day i.e screwing the younger generation always been that way always will. Build them some tulipe low quality housing that'll keep em happy

Contractor Among Contractors

chopper is NOT a disguised employee

Maybe the real reason young people can't afford to buy a house is because they are instead spending all their money on foreign holidays and brand new cars whilst living at Mum & Dad's house?

Reducing National Insurance rates for people under a certain age will only help increase the monthly payments they can make on their cars?

Maybe not saddling younger people with intensive debt by encouraging them all to go to university will also help? Give them 3/4 years head start on the earning money ladder?

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Maybe the real reason young people can't afford to buy a house is because they are instead spending all their money on foreign holidays and brand new cars whilst living at Mum & Dad's house?
    Stop talking tulip.

A flight cost peanuts these days. Ask anyone who booked on Monarch who lost their £30-40 flights which was so low they couldn't claim on insurance.

And if you are young and driving a new car then it's on personal lease hire unless you have rich parents. ifYou have rich parents then you effectively have a deposit already.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Reducing National Insurance rates for people under a certain age will only help increase the monthly payments they can make on their cars?

Maybe not saddling younger people with intensive debt by encouraging them all to go to university will also help? Give them 3/4 years head start on the earning money ladder?
    maybe its adding 500,000 new tenants a year without building 250,000 new houses?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

Oddly on the continent it's around 20% property ownership (I'll try and find some stats but when I lived in Germany or Belgium this was the case), and there was no real angst about it. Thinking is that you can rent something far better , where you want, for along as you want with minimum hassle than it is to invest a large wad of your income into a property. It would be interesting to see what the generation currently making noises about home ownership really think.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Don't forget the iPads/iphones, endless mocha choice chino's n pumpkin spiced latte's and 30 quid a go weekly haircuts.

When I bought my own house I was driving a 15 year old car, cut my own hair and got pretty much all my electrical equipment second hand.

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

You forgot Gym membership.