• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye PCG/ipse ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    I thought it was for criticising a mod and, more importantly, a member of the staff. Duty of care and all that.

You can't be banned anyway, short of cancelling your membership which would need something rather more serious than upsetting someone. But hey. let's knock IPSE, it's so much more fun.
    Accusations are one thing, interpretation is another. The opinion of the Moderators has little or no bearing, since it is one sided. I'm a fervent supporter of IPSE, but the forum and the way that the CC requires Forum engagement leaves much to be desired.

Ask them how many membership referrals I pass on...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Accusations are one thing, interpretation is another. The opinion of the Moderators has little or no bearing, since it is one sided. I'm a fervent supporter of IPSE, but the forum and the way that the CC requires Forum engagement leaves much to be desired.

I think it's a real shame your self-imposed absence has lasted so long, and that you're missing out on a lot of useful stuff (as well as a lot of banal shit:e)

IIRC, your PM to the CEO was, by almost any measure, insulting, so a two week ban was merited. Come back, stay professional, and your contributions will be welcomed.

I'd like to see you back - I'm sure your CC colleagues would too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Indeed, especially now you are now a poster boy of ipse (page 11) explaining to everyone how big your extension is !!!!!

https://www.ipse.co.uk/our/about-us/...e-council.html

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          Indeed, especially now you are now a poster boy of ipse (page 11) explaining to everyone how big your extension is !!!!!

https://www.ipse.co.uk/our/about-us/...e-council.html

Lol, that's not Scruff

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I think it's a real shame your self-imposed absence has lasted so long, and that you're missing out on a lot of useful stuff (as well as a lot of banal shit:e)

IIRC, your PM to the CEO was, by almost any measure, insulting, so a two week ban was merited. Come back, stay professional, and your contributions will be welcomed.

I'd like to see you back - I'm sure your CC colleagues would too.
            Thanks but as long as the CEO remains a Moderator, forget it. As a salaried Director, you wouldn't have any other view?

I am Professional in all regards. Rather insulting that you opine otherwise . I'm not an arsekisser.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              What has IPSE done to upset people? I've not been a member for a few years as am no longer in the UK. I liked the way they declined to speak up much for the aggressive tax avoider crowd who had been unfairly competing with honest contractors.

Is there a view that IPSE weren't quite proactive enough against the HMRC onslaught? I'm not sure there was much they could do really.
              Given that's what they were set up to do in the first place, and were so uncooperative with HMRC that members couldn't even claim our fees as legitimate expenses, and ultimately achieved the square root of fook-all in 17 years, I think they're a useless bunch of tossers, and any criticism is fully justified.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Given that's what they were set up to do in the first place, and were so uncooperative with HMRC that members couldn't even claim our fees as legitimate expenses, and ultimately achieved the square root of fook-all in 17 years, I think they're a useless bunch of tossers, and any criticism is fully justified.
                It's that total and deliberate ignorance of what they have achieved that really pisses me off. Are you paying yourself a salary under IR35 rules or do you understand what you need to do to stay outside it? Can you happily split YourCo income with your other half without penalty? Are you going up in front of myriad standing committees and consultations to explain and quantify your benefit to UK PLC?

All this crap about "the square root of fook all" merely hides the fact that without IPSE's work - and that of other similarly dedicated bodies following their lead - we would be in a far worse situation than we are, most likely unable to work as contractors at all.

Also the "lack of achievement" is about tax, nothing else. Having lived through the Blair/Brown catastrophe, the helpless coalition years and now a government with no money that is not listening to rational argument the fact that we at still trading should be celebrated. Instead, we get constant negativity from a dozen or so people who refuse to look at the real world.

Rant over. So let's get back to discussing Brexit or something.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's that total and deliberate ignorance of what they have achieved that really pisses me off. Are you paying yourself a salary under IR35 rules or do you understand what you need to do to stay outside it? Can you happily split YourCo income with your other half without penalty? Are you going up in front of myriad standing committees and consultations to explain and quantify your benefit to UK PLC?

All this crap about "the square root of fook all" merely hides the fact that without IPSE's work - and that of other similarly dedicated bodies following their lead - we would be in a far worse situation than we are, most likely unable to work as contractors at all.

Also the "lack of achievement" is about tax, nothing else. Having lived through the Blair/Brown catastrophe, the helpless coalition years and now a government with no money that is not listening to rational argument the fact that we at still trading should be celebrated. Instead, we get constant negativity from a dozen or so people who refuse to look at the real world.

Why do you call the Blair-Brown years a catastrophe, compared to the following Tory years?
                  In actual fact, the Blair Brown years were the best years to make some serious cash and yes, while they did bring in IR35, subsequent Tory governments seem to have tightened the noose further.
                  If any government is a catastrophe it is the current one - and I say that as an erstwhile Tory.
                  The way some people refuse to look at the real world is astonishing.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Past performance was when it was PCG. Current performance as IPSE could be seen as rather different.... Remember, a contractor is only as good as their last contract and the past few changes have given IPSE no means of attack...

To be honest I think the issue is more that IPSE are on a hiding to nothing here. We know the direction things are going in and we know that HMRC have become a lot more conniving over the past few years.... Meanwhile people expect IPSE to achieve the same things that PCG did without realising how much the world has changed....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Why do you call the Blair-Brown years a catastrophe, compared to the following Tory years?
                      In actual fact, the Blair Brown years were the best years to make some serious cash and yes, while they did bring in IR35, subsequent Tory governments seem to have tightened the noose further.
                      If any government is a catastrophe it is the current one - and I say that as an erstwhile Tory.
                      The way some people refuse to look at the real world is astonishing.
                      Oh yes, totally agree. Anyone trying to defend Labour's record on the economy really is living in a dream world. We're still paying for it.

Still, could be worse. We might have got Corbyn.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X