• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, there must be a lot of weak hands in this market.

Comment

Its still going to $1m a coin, right?

They said it would. I guess it's going back to $1 a coin first.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Seeing a bounce, from $10.8k to $13.1k in last hour. No clue yet whether it's a dead cat one or a recovery of sorts.

It's a Mad Friday for sure.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Seeing a bounce, from $10.8k to $13.1k in last hour. No clue yet whether it's a dead cat one or a recovery of sorts.

It's a Mad Friday for sure.
          That *could* be it for the correction wouldn't surprise me if it corrects more and wouldn't surprise me if its over $20k this time tomorrow. It's bounced off a solid technical level and bargain hunters could be having a Black Friday.

Heard a rumour about big news tomorrow so I'm not changing any of my positions yet - in 100% alt coins at the mo.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Coinbase has apparently temporarily suspended buying/selling, according to CNBC.

Someone's laptop must need a reboot.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Heard a rumour about big news tomorrow so I'm not changing any of my positions yet - in 100% alt coins at the mo.

Toss a bitcoin to see if it's good or bad news.

Comment

FTFY

Coinbase has apparently temporarily suspended buying/selling, to allow the owners to offload their BitCoin for a huge profit, then buy back in later on, according to CNBC.

There's the kicker and something I have noticed happen before

The real winners are the owners of coinbase etc. in a lot of cases, IMO.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Coinbase has apparently temporarily suspended buying/selling, according to CNBC.

Yep, just tried to buy or sell, and it is disabled. I think coinbase should be renamed conbase...
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

There are currently over 1300 cryptocurrencies if you include them by having a market cap.

May as well all each have our own personal currency.

It's a tech run without a central authority and predominantly by geeks, forking their own versions whenever they have a hissy fit. No one outright winner so the general public pick the most publicised, despite it not necessarily being the best overall solution.

Yep, just like Linux.

Except you can't speculate money on the different versions of Linux.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...christmas-rout

Comment

Working...
                      X