Apprentice finalist is a slimy IT recruitment agent! Apprentice finalist is a slimy IT recruitment agent! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 116

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its not a business program. Its an entertainment program. ... They should pick the best people.
    Entertainment programs get their ratings by not picking the best people, but picking those who provide the best entertainment.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Contractor Among Contractors

pr1 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Thing is if he owns a £3M turnover business it means he can have his flash cars and big houses (all on HP - he will never own them) he will then be able to tell everyone he owns a £3M business and he will be knee deep in clunge.

Winner.
    he was earning £200k/y at 24 he'll already be knee deep

Double Godlike!

oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

How much longer can the Apprentice as a show and concept go on for. It's jumped the shark surely? I mean do any of the winners actually go on to do anything worthwhile in the Sugar business empire or is that not the point?

I've never manged to sit through a full episode.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by pr1 View Post
    he was earning £200k/y at 24 he'll already be knee deep
    You believe that?

He also said on his website that he is APSCo accredited - you believe that too?

SurAlan seems happy to promote fraudsters. If it gains him another few quid.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by oracleslave View Post
    How much longer can the Apprentice as a show and concept go on for. It's jumped the shark surely? I mean do any of the winners actually go on to do anything worthwhile in the Sugar business empire or is that not the point?

As long as media needs people, this show will be a springboard.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You believe that?

He also said on his website that he is APSCo accredited - you believe that too?

SurAlan seems happy to promote fraudsters. If it gains him another few quid.
    If a 23 yo guy in a suit is buying everyone drinks saying he's on 200k does it matter whether it's true or not?

I think it died when it stopped being an "apprentice" job (probably a year or two before that actually, when it came out that there wasn't actually a job for them to do link) - the "business partner" stuff has just been flogging the dead horse for as long as people keep watching it

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

I'm guessing the 200k was turnover he earned for the company. Not 100% lies but not totally truthful either. As Karen pointed out after one of his 'pick me' speeches in the boardroom, "said like a true sales person".

I do find the show a bit more interesting now they are aiming to launch a business not just become a permie in the AMS empire. Think they changed to that approach a few years ago so maybe it's due another refinement where they do tasks based on each other's business idea and they run as PM, so the business idea is more integrated into the whole show. [I'll accept cash for this idea, no tulip cryptocurrency or trashy Amstrad products. ]
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

You'd think a sweet shop would fit nicely into a sugar empire....
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Entertainment programs get their ratings by not picking the best people, but picking those who provide the best entertainment.
    Such as:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hopkins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ap...U.S._TV_series)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.