NHS study: Globalisation is bad for your health NHS study: Globalisation is bad for your health - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 32

Should post faster

tiggat has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I would, but I fear it would go so far over your head it would leave a vapour trail.

Sorry...........life's too short. But Google is your friend. Go for it.

Google tells me PFI contracts account for 2% of the NHS budget, I don't see your link between PFI contracts and the current NHS problems, in the face of 10 years of economic mismanagement and a 10% fall in public health spending.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by tiggat View Post
    Google tells me PFI contracts account for 2% of the NHS budget, I don't see your link between PFI contracts and the current NHS problems, in the face of 10 years of economic mismanagement and a 10% fall in public health spending.
    Well PFI deals were not exclusively restricted to NHS projects, they were also extensively used to build schools, and to fund a whole raft of other public service schemes.

The costs of servicing the eye-watering debts that this way of operating inevitably leads to cripples the Treasury on an ongoing basis.
    New Labour, and Gordon Brown in particular, hocked the country up to the eyeballs before finally being turfed out in 2010.

Now had they not left this profligate legacy then it may have freed up a lot more cash to be invested in things like the NHS.

But as I said, it gets quite complex. I can almost sense you rocking back and forth as the penny starts to drop.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post

The costs of servicing the eye-watering debts that this way of operating inevitably leads to cripples the Treasury on an ongoing basis.
    im still waiting for your explanation of this

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

im still waiting for your explanation of this
    SB you need to use lots of pictures!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Yes, and crayons will probably help too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

IIRC the whole 'keep it off the books' rational was EU driven as we would have faced EU sanctions if we'd 'subsidised' these 'industries'.

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    IIRC the whole 'keep it off the books' rational was EU driven as we would have faced EU sanctions if we'd 'subsidised' these 'industries'.

Shouldn't they be receiving foreign aid from China, France, ..., in return for giving them all the work building UK power plants and the like? That is how foreign aid really works.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Here's a nice picture, you can shade in the cost of financing PFI (£4bn) using crayons if you like, do you know how numbers work or is that too much of a stretch for you?

Still gathering requirements...

Soho has no reputation

Yes, it's important to lower the cost of living which is mainly aggravated by cost of living and the wage rates. How this problem is to be tackled by the government, I have no idea but something needs to be done soon.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Here's a nice picture, you can shade in the cost of financing PFI (£4bn)
    Further evidence that you have little idea of just how far the effects of PFI actually stretch.

And you a full-blown Barista too!!