• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the score this weekend? Any plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    All part of a medium term plan for me to play with classic cars in my retirement.
    I have precisely the same plan, hence the plan to build a workshop with a pit and room for cars and machines from dad

something nice to look forward to eh :-)

Milan.

Comment

Friend’s birthday party in Cornwall (hence driving down here), then the long slog into the 21st century on Sunday (I reckon 5-6 hours)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Friend’s birthday party in Cornwall (hence driving down here), then the long slog into the 21st century on Sunday (I reckon 5-6 hours)
        the UK is funny these days, even driving short distances takes forever

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Getting a spare key sorted/cut for my Maser, Sunday got a car valet co. coming round - waterless, be interesting to see how that works. 18 Euro for exterior and alloys, not bad for Dublin, no £3.00 valets in old petrol stations here
          Careful with that Stek - can cause really bad marring of the paint. I do a bit of amateur detailing and some of the waterless washed cars friends have bought to me for a paint correction have been horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Careful with that Stek - can cause really bad marring of the paint. I do a bit of amateur detailing and some of the waterless washed cars friends have bought to me for a paint correction have been horrible.
            How does it work? Can't be any worse than car wash brushes can it?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              How does it work? Can't be any worse than car wash brushes can it?
              Depends what chemicals they're using and whether or not they're pH neutral. Some use natural citrus to break down dirt and grime, others literally use chemicals you'd find in your garden shed. Obviously the cheaper the valet the cheaper the materials used and the more harm it can do to your paint.

I would also never use a brush on any of my cars or a £3 valet mind

Comment

Thanks for asking.

Tonight father-in-law, fresh out of hospital, is coming for his tea. He has his arm in a cast/sling for the next month. I've got cooking duties (leaving my wife to sort out his back end).

Tomorrow - well, it's a cutover weekend, so I'll have to work some of it. But in the morning we'll do bootcamp on the beach, then in the afternoon I will head east to watch an FA Cup 4th round tie.

Sunday - work I suppose. Plus tying up the wife.

Comment

Working...
                X