• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's all folks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    so why are you so interested in spending your time on a forum which I guess is more suited to contractors? Beats me!
    He's a permie in job only...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      32 days per year holiday
      Excluding bank holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Excluding bank holidays?

of course, plus sick days
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

**** that. I'd rather keep rinsing the public sector.

25 years contracting off and on (18 years contracting) and never had to take a gig I had to stay away overnight. And I live in wales.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

This just gets better. The boss is discussing (and liking) the concept of duvet days.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Excluding bank holidays?
              Yup - in addition I always seem to carry 5 days over so in reality I had 37 days this year plus B/H

which is nice...

Comment

Yup - in addition I always seem to carry 5 days over so in reality I had 37 days this year plus B/H

which is nice...
                I'm carrying 5 over and I've got 5.5 to use between now and 1st Jan!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  I'm carrying 5 over and I've got 5.5 to use between now and 1st Jan!
                  Get them booked - with a bit of intelligence and some working from home I have made 5 days mean i get the whole 2 xmas weeks off - last day in office 20th Dec not back in until 6th Jan....

which is nice.

although I will probably spend most of it either drunk or wondering if it is to early to start drinking - maybe just get up later so there is less time between breakfast and beer o'clock...

Comment

Get them booked - with a bit of intelligence and some working from home I have made 5 days mean i get the whole 2 xmas weeks off - last day in office 20th Dec not back in until 6th Jan....

which is nice.

although I will probably spend most of it either drunk or wondering if it is to early to start drinking - maybe just get up later so there is less time between breakfast and beer o'clock...

Already done that! Which is very very nice!

It's my fault that I've not used them. Have to see what's happening meeting-wise over the next 3 weeks. See if I can squeeze 'em in...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

COVID-19 could be bringing office work to an end. We could all be remote permanently. Equivalent of about a 7% payrise
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X