• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sea of green today.

I really want to yank it all out but my funds are rising faster than I can invoice the client

Watching the VIX rising. Jerome needs to come out and say the word 'infinity' again.

Comment

Nasdaq hit a new ATH yesterday. It certainly doesn't feel like a bear market.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Markets are pricing in no second wave or a less economically damaging reaction to one if it occurs.

That for me will be where the sell signal will come from.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Nasdaq hit a new ATH yesterday. It certainly doesn't feel like a bear market.

Very much is a bear market. The market fell through critical support and is only testing that support as resistance. Happens with all markets before entering into a prolonged bear market.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            Markets are pricing in no second wave or a less economically damaging reaction to one if it occurs.

That for me will be where the sell signal will come from.

Markets are at the same place they were Autumn last year before there is was any word of the virus, or 30+ million US unemployed, or economies locking down their borders, or Airlines going bust, or the oil prices collapsing, or full oil tankers floating around the mid Atlantic with no where to go, or 100's of thousands of deaths.. Yes, I'm sure markets are pricing in no second wave.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Markets are at the same place they were Autumn last year before there is was any word of the virus, or 30+ million US unemployed, or economies locking down their borders, or Airlines going bust, or the oil prices collapsing, or full oil tankers floating around the mid Atlantic with no where to go, or 100's of thousands of deaths.. Yes, I'm sure markets are pricing in no second wave.
              But they didn't have central banks effectively pumping money into the system back, well not as much anyway. I flogged half of my pot yesterday so lets hope your graphs are right.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                A sea of green today.
                The problem is when you get crazy 30% gains like we've just had they can quickly become a 40% sea of red.

Comment

after the fed pumped $3trillion worth of shares have been bought ,this market will fall and fall very hard

Comment

Not enough DOOM in this thread

Comment

Signs Stock Rally is Doomed to End After $21 Trillion Rebound

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=o1Dqf087

Comment

Working...
                      X