stock market crash stock market crash - Page 321
Page 321 of 398 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Posts 3,201 to 3,210 of 3976

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    If I was on a trading game then given where we are and what is happening in the world I'd probably go for a drop on FTSE rather than rise ... but it's a 70/30 to me that the market will drop a bit. I can't see it crashing although I can see it losing to maybe 5500, but, almost equally I can easily see it hanging around 6200 too. Everyone is waiting for a major external trigger to significantly move the markets again one way or the other.

What we also need to remember is, whilst there are some high profile companies struggling during the pandemic, there are also lots of companies who are doing very well during this period; not every company has their backs against the wall.

It'll be a bank collapse. Which? HSBC still remains my favourite.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Contractor Among Contractors

_V_ is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    It'll be a bank collapse. Which? HSBC still remains my favourite.
    Banks don't generally collapse because central banks print trillions of $£€ and hand it to them. "Too big to fail". Instead Main Street collapses and Wall St buys more yachts.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    Banks don't generally collapse because central banks print trillions of $£€ and hand it to them. "Too big to fail". Instead Main Street collapses and Wall St buys more yachts.

Central banks are not handing money to private banks. Somehow that myth has now become gospel. Central banks, FED, BoE, create money in a central bank account and then they say this is now ABC Bank's collateral. But no real money was ever distributed / changed hands. All the central banks have done is attempted to balance the books with the money creation by private banks. You voted for bank deregulation, this is the mess you get. Got to love them Tories, they keep fooking up the system and the people love em for it.

Remember those banks? Amazing how quick we forget. HSBC will be on that list soon enough

Defunct banks of the United Kingdom

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

W

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

All you've done there is use Wiki to list banks that no longer trade under that name and/or was taken over by other banks. Agreed, some did go pop (e.g. Barings) but for very specific reasons. Very, very few banks just collapse and since the last financial crisis the banks (and insurance Cos etc) have had to prove that they capital adequacy so they are safer now than pre 2008.

You really should do a little research before just posting mate.

As for HSBC, it was one of the few UK banks that didn't take a handout from the government during the financial crisis so, unless they have a major issue, they are unlikely to be the first UK bank to go pop.

Remember those banks? Amazing how quick we forget. HSBC will be on that list soon enough

Defunct banks of the United Kingdom

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

W

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

I live on CUK

All you've done there is use Wiki to list banks that no longer trade under that name and/or was taken over by other banks. Agreed, some did go pop (e.g. Barings) but for very specific reasons. Very, very few banks just collapse and since the last financial crisis the banks (and insurance Cos etc) have had to prove that they capital adequacy so they are safer now than pre 2008.

As for HSBC, it was one of the few UK banks that didn't take a handout from the government during the financial crisis so, unless they have a major issue, they are unlikely to be the first UK bank to go pop.

You better get onto wiki quick and tell em they've made a typo, defunct, er-no, re-brand. And the ones that did go pop went pop in a very specific & limited way

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

I live on CUK

Study is great.... my put confidence took another boost. Had an alarm on the dollar index (the value of the dollar against a basket of other popular currencies).

Dollar breaks out of its downtrend, price action now diverging with volatility (bottom box).

We're on the very of a huge market event - so exciting.

Contractor Among Contractors

Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee

Oh I beg to differ.

A picture speaks a thousand words so they say, read em:

So, what you are saying (and, its remember, you, and only you, chose where to draw the lines on your chart) is that if this "trend" continues, the "correction" point on your chart could actually end higher than when this actually started started. You really are a laughing stock.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Yes. Took me <5 seconds to see Midland in the list, and to realise that my initial hunch that poopsies would be talking crap was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018