• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    He appears to want to sign a cheque personally to each American again. Just ahead of the election. How transparent can it get?
    He's desperate. Very desperate. He knows if he loses then there will be years of investigations into his actions over the past 4 years with potentially prison time.

Animals are at their most dangerous when desperate and cornered. Expect more of this from Trump right up to the election result.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      I know sterling has taken a battering since 2016, but hadn't realised it had bombed to £15 per $2

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I know sterling has taken a battering since 2016, but hadn't realised it had bombed to £15 per $2
        What price a piece of history. I am tempted to buy one as a souvenir to pass onto my grandkids. Will go nicely with my Nazi memorabilia collection.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          He's rolled the put option forward (extended it) until the end of November.

I hope he can come out of it without too much damage. (I know, I'm a bit of a softy me. )
          US elections on the 3rd November, but if Biden wins then he won’t get sworn in till the 20th Jan.

Not sure either way what’s going to drop the market to 5500 never mind 4500.

Actually...edited...the “Trump factor”...in which case anything is possible.
          Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 7 October 2020, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            US elections on the 3rd November, but if Biden wins then he won’t get sworn in till the 20th Jan.

Not sure either way what’s going to drop the market to 5500 never mind 4500.

Actually...edited...the “Trump factor”...in which case anything is possible.
            Civil war would probably do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              He's desperate. Very desperate. He knows if he loses then there will be years of investigations into his actions over the past 4 years with potentially prison time.

Animals are at their most dangerous when desperate and cornered. Expect more of this from Trump right up to the election result.
              I think what happens to Trump will have little or no influence on the FTSE 100.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                According to poopsies, Covid had no infulence.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Maybe, but the FTSE will react to the US markets, so if the US markets react to Trump then the UK, EU and Asia markets will react accordingly.

Now, could be that if money comes out of US markets it will go into other markets and they rise .... or it could be all markets go the same direction.

With current polls showing Trump losing by some margin the long term feelings are kind of positive ..... it's the next month that is worrying people as no one likes uncertainty.
                  Last edited by Whorty; 7 October 2020, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    If the put is real, then his $420K crypto winnings is real right?
                    A bloke you meet down the pub says he makes a killing in the markets. He recounts $420k of winning trades he's made.

He says he's just bought $250k of XXX. You follow XXX for the next few weeks and it's losing badly.

Which do you think is real?
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

FTSE 100 collapse was written in when it became clear trade with out nearest customers when thrown into oblivion.

The virus only popped the speculative bubble, but was not the cause. Not to mention all the debt.

Prepare yourselves for bail in.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X