• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Any views on ICLN?

Its gone up a stupid amount lately. So maybe missed the boat.

I think its just a hot topic currenty, so no idea yet wether its “sustainable”.

Sorry about the pun.
    I have no views on individual shares as I don't trade on shares. Mugs game for the likes of us to risk our money on single company shares when they are manipulated so much by others. Just my view, don't expect everyone (anyone?) to agree with me and that's fine.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I saw it was oversold but was just not interested in a manufacture whose primary industry is an industry that is in decline.
      This is where some research and fundamental analysis comes in. So why has a company mired in debt with almost no future with Covid-19 doubling it's share price in a week?

MARKET REPORT: Rolls-Royce rockets up after best week for 33 years | This is Money

It was widely reported that the Government is planning to plough up to £2billion into a Rolls-led project to build mini nuclear power stations, while the Capital Group Companies upped its stake from 7.9 per cent to 8.7 per cent.
      There could be other drivers, however, with CMC Markets analyst David Madden saying 'there is increasing speculation about a takeover bid'.
      So looking at a backward chart of a "doomed" company would tell you nothing about the govt bunging them £2billion pounds, nor would it highlight the talks about a takeover.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Meh. Like I care what a xenophobic twunt online thinks of me You'll be telling me Sgt Spud isn't keen on me next
        Soooooo .... you get angry then And you do GAF. You try to be cool and pretend you don't, but we all know you do
        Of course. Which is why you insist on telling people that you don't care.

Don't confuse xenophobia with a dislike of certain individuals some of who just happen to be foreigners.
        Last edited by Zigenare; 10 October 2020, 09:38.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          We have to be balanced.

Rolls-Royce primarily make engines for commercial aircraft.

Their order backlog has been decimated. I would never have even considered investing in Rolls-Royce. For all we know they might drop 50% next week.
          What is interesting is how the talk from the likes of Scoot is that the airline manufacturing industry is in decline, and yes, during the pandemic with reductions in travel airlines and travel companies have taken a beating, but, as soon as air corridors have opened then people have flocked to them.

This would tell me that the weak will go, but those that survive will come out the other side very strong. Demand for travel, once there is control over CV19, will be huge. People are desperate to fly to far flung places. The trick though is to spot the companies that are going to survive and thrive, and those that are going to bomb.

A chart won't tell you who .... analysing the business, their strategy and their accounts may.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Of course. Which is why you insist on telling people that you don't care.

Don't confuse xenophobia with a dislike of certain individuals some of who just happen to be foreigners.
            Don't you worry, I know the difference between disliking an individual for a specific reason, and xenophobes who dislike all those who don't look like them. You're the latter. Own it matey.

And feel free to think I care what people think of me. Totally your choice. Next time I lose it and get banned you'll know you're right

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              It was widely reported that the Government is planning to plough up to £2billion into a Rolls-led project to build mini nuclear power stations, while the Capital Group Companies upped its stake from 7.9 per cent to 8.7 per cent.
              Buy the rumour sell the news. Still would not have bought it, as I don't trade on rumour / news - only chart analysis, with investments on fundamentals.

Clearly RR pump was entirely speculative. The rally will stop at 260 before correcting down to 150.

Better renew my 25p limit order on Lloyds...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What is interesting is how the talk from the likes of Scoot is that the airline manufacturing industry is in decline, and yes, during the pandemic with reductions in travel airlines and travel companies have taken a beating, but, as soon as air corridors have opened then people have flocked to them.

This would tell me that the weak will go, but those that survive will come out the other side very strong. Demand for travel, once there is control over CV19, will be huge. People are desperate to fly to far flung places. The trick though is to spot the companies that are going to survive and thrive, and those that are going to bomb.

A chart won't tell you who .... analysing the business, their strategy and their accounts may.

Yes people are desperate to fly on the furlough pay cheques. The situation is so bad the government is bank rolling 6 months of pay whilst cancelling stamp duty.

People are desperate to spend money they don't have. Whorty says so.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes people are desperate to fly on the furlough pay cheques. The situation is so bad the government is bank rolling 6 months of pay whilst cancelling stamp duty.

People are desperate to spend money they don't have. Whorty says so.
                  Hmmm, you really don't like it when someone has a different view to you do you, or they make money on something you didn't make anything on?

For the record, this isn't "Whorty says so", this is what is happening. If you can't or don't want to see it too then fine. Not my problem.

Comment

Hmmm, you really don't like it when someone has a different view to you do you, or they make money on something you didn't make anything on?

For the record, this isn't "Whorty says so", this is what is happening. If you can't or don't want to see it too then fine. Not my problem.

Is it a debate if there is no counter argument?

Honestly, for a day trader you're very touchy.

Comment

Is it a debate if there is no counter argument?

Honestly, for a day trader you're very touchy.
                      ha ha, you're falling back on to the perceived insult of 'day trader' It might be a negative thing in your little head, but I have no view either way on day traders. You want to think of me as such and it makes you happy then go fill ya boots mate

Now, let's get back to how your blinkered TA strategy will never pick up opportunities like RR

Comment

Working...
                      X