• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tulipcoin above 0 is oversold

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      That's what I was telling myself until I panicked this morning. I can't see a HPC thread anywhere, can someone with a track record of posting please start one. I'm hoping to buy a house on the cheap with my panic sold cash pile.
      Who is going to panic sell a house when interest rates are slashed, mortgage payments zero and we are all self isolating at home?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Who is going to panic sell a house when interest rates are slashed, mortgage payments zero and we are all self isolating at home?

June or July will do.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          ETH was all of $2.50 4 years ago. After today's 30% fall it's still at $140, so it's got a long way to fall yet before it begins to look oversold.

Of course, my logic above is rubbish, but I've seen other posters apply similar reasoning to the stock market or to property, so it must be true
          Only one of those markets doesn't receive money from the magic money printing tree.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            In the UK? Loads of people. Why? Cause they are up to their eyeballs in debt. The thought of a 0.25% interest rate hike will send them over the edge. Imagine when rates gets back to their proper levels, 5-7%
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              In the UK? Loads of people. Why? Cause they are up to their eyeballs in debt. The thought of a 0.25% interest rate hike will send them over the edge. Imagine when rates gets back to their proper levels, 5-7%
              SS please for your own sake, get out of the permabear mentality and open your mind up to the wider macro-economic environment. Don't focus only on coins, but have them as a small % of your investment portfolio.

I have been badly burned in the past by sticking to permabear views. It was the worst time of my life.

Interest rates WILL NOT get to 5% any time soon, possibly not even within my lifetime (I don't know how old you are). PPI numbers out of the US today in fact indicate a more likely spiral into deflation.

A 0.25% rate hike equates to all of £20/month or so on a repayment mortgage. Hardly going to shake the foundations is it.

Yes, house prices might fall, but so what. Every other asset class is falling. Cash in the bank might be safest to some extent, or physical gold. But beyond that I would rather have a property asset that will still be around long after I'm gone. Shares are a risk and yes might be worthless if the companies go bust. Coins on the other hand are a complete 100% gamble, hence why you should only have a small %.

Comment

Posting without comment except

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

The government yesterday banked on interest rates not going up anywhere near historical averages for decades now national debt heads way beyond £2 trillion.

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2020 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk

The thing that may cause house prices to collapse in the near future is job losses on the back of companies folding over the global recession the virus is bringing. All those zombie companies surviving on debt with meagre cash-flow are soon going to be let go under. Though with the magic money tree in full bloom don't rule out central bank printing a debt jubilee. They sure ain't going to be putting interest rates up to 5% and beyond and saving the savers. There will be a new national digital currency before then.

That's my prediction.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    SS please for your own sake, get out of the permabear mentality and open your mind up to the wider macro-economic environment. Don't focus only on coins, but have them as a small % of your investment portfolio.

I have been badly burned in the past by sticking to permabear views. It was the worst time of my life.

Interest rates WILL NOT get to 5% any time soon, possibly not even within my lifetime (I don't know how old you are). PPI numbers out of the US today in fact indicate a more likely spiral into deflation.

A 0.25% rate hike equates to all of £20/month or so on a repayment mortgage. Hardly going to shake the foundations is it.

Yes, house prices might fall, but so what. Every other asset class is falling. Cash in the bank might be safest to some extent, or physical gold. But beyond that I would rather have a property asset that will still be around long after I'm gone. Shares are a risk and yes might be worthless if the companies go bust. Coins on the other hand are a complete 100% gamble, hence why you should only have a small %.
                    +1

At least you can live in a house.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

OK I'm going in.

Just waiting to see what price the Dow circuit break releases at.

Comment

Working...
                      X