• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/61240...t%20bounce.pdf

Personally I'm taking profits from the recent bounce. DYOR.
    Not that I disagree with you , because I have taken a short position late last week, but have you seen the state of these c&*nts?

About Our Team of Economic, Political and Markets Analysts and Advisors

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Pains me to say it..... smart man.
      No doubt you are gleeful and rubbing your hands in joy at how many people have died this weekend

Comment

Why?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why?
          I believe it is susapected you are making money out of people dying? No, I don't get it either.....

Comment

Don't worry. HSBC HQ is domiciled in a non EU/UK country and we can print money to save the world. Nothing to see here...

Fitch Revises HSBC Bank Canada's Rating Outlook to Negative on Coronavirus Outbreak

BoE dividend pressure reignites HSBC domicile debate

HSBC reports potential money laundering breaches
            - criminals using fiat money
            Christ on bike. We've been through the first two. Do we need to use your favourite flavour of crayon or something?

As for the third one, banks have processes for reporting actual or suspected breaches. Someone breached it, compliance were alerted and it got reported. Ooooh, rogue operator, close the bank!
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I believe it is susapected you are making money out of people dying? No, I don't get it either.....
              No I've not taken up a position in the undertaker profession, if that's what he's asking.

They must be making a killing at the minute.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

ooff - that's gonna pinch.

Credit Suisse says the US economy will shrink 33.5% next quarter, the biggest drop in history

Credit Suisse is forecasting a record drop in US gross domestic product this quarter as the coronavirus pandemic continues to slam the economy.

The bank expects second quarter GDP to contract by 33.5%, according to a Monday note. That means the period from April 1 to June 30 is shaping up to be the worst quarter on record going back to 1945, analysts led by Jonathan Golub wrote.

It shows the stark effect the coronavirus pandemic is having on the US economy. In the financial crisis, the worst quarter of 2008 suffered only an 8.4% GDP slump, according to Credit Suisse. Coronavirus is also outpacing the previous record — a 10% slump in the first quarter of 1958, amid the Eisenhower recession.

That would line up nicely when I'm expecting the Dow Jones to tank. Short position looking very nice indeed.

Last edited by scooterscot; 12 April 2020, 12:08.

Comment

I'm gonna invest some cash next week. What should I buy to at least double my money in the next 2 weeks? Long term goal is a x50 return.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                    I'm gonna invest some cash next week. What should I buy to at least double my money in the next 2 weeks? Long term goal is a x50 return.
                    Choose the opposite of what scootie recommends and then exponentiate.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                      For Crypto (will do a stock one in a mo).

Don't know about the next 2-weeks - but you never know. I think payment / receipt of payments will be a huge in the crypto space going forward. I think Utrust will be a player in that space purely because of the connections it has already made with retailers. Actually done a fair bit of research on this project... but you should always do your own. Personally I think this project is so far under the radar even the mice I've not yet picked up on it.

Utrust — Accept crypto payments, easily.

Utrust Bring on Ebay and PayPal Exec as CEO

Utrust, a cryptocurrency payment solution based in Zug, Switzerland, has announced a change at the top with the hire of Sanja Kon, a former eBay, Paypal and Vodafone executive as the new CEO.

This represents a savvy move by the crypto-focused payments company as it allows them to pull on the wealth of knowledge Kon brings to the table from her days at the major Fintech payment processor PayPal as well as eBay and its online payment work.

The change in leadership is also no accident on behalf of Utrust who have not let the move towards mass adoption of cryptocurrency miss them. All around the globe, cryptocurrencies are being picked up. From governments and the move towards CBDC to increased institutional buy-in for both blockchain and cryptos.

Utrust began in 2017 as a company with the goal of pushing digital currencies to the forefront of people’s payment habits and ensuring universal adoption. This drive is being heavily picked up as products and processes, such as crypto debit cards, permeate the space.

Huge volume without much effect on price since the above news.

Comment

Working...
                      X