• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension is above pre-covid levels. This feels very wrong and far to soon. Markets pricing in we will follow the usa and put economy above the vulnerable?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Scootie, didn't we demonstrate quite recently (for the Nth time) that you can neither count nor keep your story straight?
      Show me my losses...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Pension is above pre-covid levels. This feels very wrong and far to soon. Markets pricing in we will follow the usa and put economy above the vulnerable?
        Markets are always either oversold or overbought. At the moment they appear to be overbought.

Interesting that your pension is above pre-covid levels, that gives me the impression that the pension portfolio is very defensive, as they're up (Microsoft etc). I wouldn't worry too much, Microsoft's and similar companies earnings are looking good.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

You've got until the first half of June to decide.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Markets are always either oversold or overbought. At the moment they appear to be overbought.

Interesting that your pension is above pre-covid levels, that gives me the impression that the pension portfolio is very defensive, as they're up (Microsoft etc). I wouldn't worry too much, Microsoft's and similar companies earnings are looking good.
            Large market trackers mainly, and a couple of interesting managed funds (Tech in emerging markets (took an absolute kicking the last month but even that has recovered - thank you DocUsign and Fortinet!) and a global managed fund) I don't have the time to manage it properly. I got lucky and sold most near the top and bought near the bottom. But I'm now concerned about how strong the bounce has been. I guess we will have to see what state the USA & China is in a months time and see if that affects the long term fundamentals of their economies and see if that triggers the dead cat bounce. China going back into lock down, USA deaths keep on growing, Trump becoming Emperor, virus mutates, vaccine trials fail, toxic debt hitting the banks again. Still a long way to go until June.
            Last edited by BlueSharp; 30 April 2020, 20:02.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Show me my losses...
              Check your Centrica shares now.

Comment

39p bought in at 35.5p = gain

You know what I mean by losses don't you?

Comment

Snatch your pennies from in front of that steamroller quick !

Comment

Another down phase, could be some good opportunities ahead.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yeah. If you left the forum it wouldn't be a great one. HTHBIDI.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X