• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 - Banks are to big to fail so get bailed out

2020 - The boomers private pension interests are to big to fail so governments across the world are loading the public with debt to keep the stock market artificially high. Dividends are for losers, who cares if the business is unprofitable. (If it looks like a Ponzi scheme...)

The only way is up baby
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 9 June 2020, 15:18.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Dividends much higher taxed than CGT - so all good, nothung can go wrong now!

Comment

At some point replacing this nonsense of keeping the stock market artificially high with universal income for all has to make sense (or does that help the asset poor to much?), but until it all comes crashing down get those Lambo's on order.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

The stock market has been going up exponentially for more than two centuries.

It will continue to do so, in spite of everybody thinking the stock market should go up linearly. That's not how investments work, they are by nature exponential.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

It’s going to crash in year 3000!

You’ve heard it on here first

Comment

“Retail shareholders in the US are piling into stocks of bankrupt companies in a sign of the speculative investment wave sweeping across the US market.

When the retail investor starts to view the market as a one-way bet it’s usually an alarm bell and that does seem to be happening,” said Paul Markham, global equities portfolio manager for Newton Investment Management.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Yep, doomed

Comment

I have sold all my investments. Nice profit of 10k. Even made money on Centrica!

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
                  I have sold all my investments. Nice profit of 10k. Even made money on Centrica!
                  Fool. You would have made £100k by the end of the year, and £1m in the next five years.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Fool. You would have made £100k by the end of the year, and £1m in the next five years.
                    Put it all into Crypto. You'll have £1m in the next 6 to 6000 months, as per Pooper's variable advice. Just watch the charts and put your deposit down for that lambo!

Comment

Bold move, I can only assume the moon is not enough and you want Alpha Centauri so have gone all in on bitcoin - yes?
                      Last edited by BlueSharp; 10 June 2020, 08:25.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X