• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Isn’t this a known thing though? On trial in Brazil, hopefully reporting on efficacy around the end of July, two billion doses being preemptively manufactured, probably effective for pneumonia at least?

I think another Oxford prof gave it a chance as high as 50:50. Anyway, this is where the real action is at for sure. Good news there and the markets will react in a big way.

Orders in, sale complete - I love the smell of rekt retail in the morning.

FTSE 100 Index
    INDEXFTSE: UKX

−114,99 (1,88 %)
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Orders in, sale complete - I love the smell of rekt retail in the morning.

FTSE 100 Index
      INDEXFTSE: UKX

−114,99 (1,88 %)
      We’re not day trading cretincoins like you, scootie.

“rekt”. Are you twelve years old?

Comment

De La Rue are looking good ahead of reporting on Wednesday...
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Oh dear, the FTSE is in danger of turning positive, we need some more bad news.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Crowds on London's Oxford Street as Nike Town reopens

Soon we'll need to employ the FED to produce those Darwin awards - Brrrrr

Photos show large crowds of people trying to get into Nike Town on Oxford Street as trading began.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Photos show large crowds of people trying to get into Nike Town on Oxford Street as trading began.
              WTAF? How stupid are people? Ok, forget that I asked that...
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Soon we'll need to employ the FED to produce those Darwin awards - Brrrrr

Are they buying or looting?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  We’re not day trading cretincoins like you, scootie.

“rekt”. Are you twelve years old?
                  There is certainly a confusion here on this thread between 'traders' and 'savers'. I'm most certainly a saver; my money goes into trackers and are there for the long term (I'm due to take my pension in 18 years so my savings are targeted for the same kind of timescale). Scooty is a trader (or at least he thinks he is) who buys and sells in the short term, trying to guess the ups and downs of the market.

Us savers don't care, in the short term, whether the market drops or rises a few percent. Traders are emotionally obsessed by every little uptick/downtick.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Oh dear, the FTSE is in danger of turning positive, we need some more bad news.
                    More bad news? You got it...

Remember a few months ago how I was laughed out the room by suggesting BP might disappear off the FTSE 100 when all is said and done? Keep laughing and carry on... If it did, the UK FTSE really is going to test some low not seen since the early 90's - 4000 points, 30% drop almost seems like a given at this moment.

From Reuters

London stocks tumble on fears of second virus wave; BP slides

BP faces hit of up to $17.5bn as it forecasts lower oil prices

BP has forecast lower oil prices for decades to come as governments speed up plans to cut carbon emissions in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

It has cut price forecasts by about 30%, and expects Brent crude to average $55 a barrel from now until 2050.

As a result, the oil giant says it will revise down the value of its assets by between $13bn and $17.5bn (£13.8bn).

BP said it would have to become a "leaner, faster-moving and lower cost organisation".

Last week, the firm announced plans to cut 10,000 jobs following a global slump in demand for oil.

Countries across the globe have ordered people to stay indoors and not travel as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, which has caused a slump in demand for oil.

As a result, the cost of oil fell to less than $20 a barrel at the peak of the crisis, less than a third of the $66 it cost at the start of the year.

'Lower carbon economy'
                    For a brief period buyers were actually paid to take delivery of crude oil amid a shortage of storage.

The price has since partly recovered to around $37 a barrel.
                    BP says it has "a growing expectation that the aftermath of the pandemic will accelerate the pace of transition to a lower carbon economy and energy system, as countries seek to 'build back better' so that their economies will be more resilient in the future".

The BBC's environment analyst, Roger Harrabin, said: "The North Sea is difficult and expensive to exploit, so this is clearly a business-based decision by BP.

"But the ramifications for the climate are potentially very significant. Experts have been warning for years that firms have already discovered far more oil than we can afford to burn if we want to protect the climate.

"This, in part, is a reflection of that new reality. We'll see how other firms respond."

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Traders are emotionally obsessed by every little uptick/downtick.
                      You're defo speaking for the majority on here on that. Not me.

Comment

Working...
                      X